Thats it IM fIng FED UP!!!!!!arghhhh

well, for the 123847tr5238975872345897345y34789 triliotnyrfiuaweqryt34985348569 time my ignitor has taken a shit inside my distributer. I am sooooooo sick of replacing 5-6 of these a year. I will be bypassing it first chance i get. Good bye little fucker. Im gunna dance on this thing for about 20hrs when its finally gone. I will be converting to a solid state ignitor using msd unit/coil/cap.

I am going to have to build the ignitor circuit which is very easy however tracking down the transistors will probably be the hardest part.

the schematics i will be using are found here.

http://www.pgmfi.org/twiki/bin/view/Library/IgnitorReplacement

if anyone is interested i might build a few of them while i am at it however there will be a small fee for my time of coarse.

the circuit itself shouldnt cost more than 35bucks but the msd equipment probably more.

what do you think is killing them… the high rpm possibly? heat? a combination of the 2, and then some?

bahh, who knows. I think its a combination of solid mounts(vibration) heat (header). I dont know, its jusy one of them things. I got this wierd cut out in higher rpms followed by a large backfire. Makes me to believe that my spark is cutting out and the cylinders are loading up then when spark finally comes back, kaboom. On a side note, i just did a compression test and i have 295-300psi across the board. :slight_smile: I woulf like to get out to nicks after i fix the bug and get a leakdown to see how well my rings seated.

so Im gunna conclude that my problem is one of three.\

1. bad map, or map gone bad. im gunna make a new one from scratch

2. bad dizzy/ignitor/coil something in there quiting at high rpms.

3. Fuel pump. which really wouldnt surprise me since It is stock with about 200000mi.

Dammit, i need to figiure this out so i hook up my new :tspry:

I was working on it a bit today but then i looked over and saw the beamer staring at me all lonely. So I gave up and went for a cruise in the bmw.:lol:

i wanna be there for this 20hour dance!!! I’ll pay for the R&D of the solid state to watch that.

and as for the :tspry: it’ll be in the back of my foo doo till you need it :wink:

i second that :lol: