the 100-0 basketball shutout thread.

cliffs: a basketball coach gets fired for refusing to apologize for leading his team to shutout their opponent 100-0

here is what the coach said after being fired:

here is the story:
http://cbs11tv.com/sports/micah.grimes.the.2.917557.html

Absolutely not. They did slow down scoring near the end which is more than they had to do. I remember when I was a senior in HS, we were on the ice with solvay and it was their 1st year of having a team. We were winning 26-0 in the third period and I had an easy 1 on 0 and rather than taking it, I dumped the puck. My coach benched me for the 1st period of the next game as well as making me skate for the entire practices that week. Lesson learned.

ITS A GAME IF YOU DON’T WANT TO PLAY, DON’T HAVE A TEAM!!!

Yes, I yelled that.

Only reason it has attention is because the school they beat has small classes of kids with special needs, like dislexia and ADHD…

100-0 win = OWNED

That’s all the newspaper should say. It’s a fucking game that is meant to have a winner and loser. You are not given the right to a point, you have to score it.

If lindy ruff won a game 30-0 against Toronto, I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t get fired for being mean/unfair. LOL

Or the Bills winning 140-0… I’d cry, literally… but I don’t think the coach would get fired for it.

Mehh… im indifferent on this one. This is one of the main reasons I hate Belichick but at the same time, can you tell developing athletes (remembering that HS sports teach more than just to be competitive, morals, persistence etc) to just stop…

Idk, lose his job no, apologize, maybe.

EDIT: keep in mind, this is girls HS basketball lol

No apology, they played they won.

Even if they were better should they have let the other team score? No because this is competitive play, not out in the back yard with your little brother.

Clearly Dallas didn’t have a good enough game prayer.

girls HS basketball, bowling, tennis, swimming, football, hockey, figure skating, baseball, golf… what’s the difference? Do any athletes in any of the others allow the other person to win? If you are bowling against someone and they throw 10 frames of gutter balls, do you give them a pity point?

They played, they lost, they cried, the coach said “WTF,” and then got fired.

I can’t believe how retarded, literally borderline fucking down syndrome this is. They won the game fairly and played at their best. I thought that was the whole point out there was to go out and play your best, and now playing your best is too much. The coach and the players owe nothing to the other team, no apology, nothing. These girls played hard and played all the way through. Who would want to go to a sporting even and see a team throw the game.

+1 to all of you for voting no.

it’s a shutout…

I feel bad, sorry guys.

lets make the vote 100-0

Too late, someone voted YES just to be “that guy”

custom title time?

Common etiquette would require that he play his subs and play properly and not aggressively so as to avoid injury when the game has effectively been decided. It sounds like he did that. It would have been insulting if they had simply starting running the clock out or “let” the other team get some points.

Ain’t his fault the other bitches sucked hard.

open poll = boardjnky4. explain yourself sir.

he is being a douche and wanted to be ORIGINAL and be the only person who voted yes.

NOT ORIGINAL TOM :stuck_out_tongue:

kind of a dick move to run up a score in a shutout. I didn’t look at the link or anything, but IMO, there is so need to embarrass the team.

I don’t know the details though, but it seems like it might have been a bit unfair and a bit of a dick move to push your players to crush a team into oblivion.

How can you push players…It wasn’t like he injected them with steroids and made them eat the other team. His players went out and played a basketball game. Sometimes you lose, sometimes you win. In this case they won by a mile. What else was he supposed to do bench his whole team until the other team could score? Trade players with the other team? He did nothing wrong, nor did his girls. The other team did however, they didn’t score.

• tell them to go easy
  • pull starters and let 2nd/3rd string players get some time on the court

just a few ideas, but like I said, I don’t know the details.

Where’s the option “boardjnky4 should get a trophy too”?