The Android Thread

ive got an S4 and love it.

I have the G3s and it’s been the best phone I’ve owed and it’s also the first phone I’ve had that has made it through my 2 yr contract unscathed. I normally go through 1-2 phones in this time due to metal particles getting in them(work hazard) but this has been good so far. When the active hits verizon I may buy that if/when this one eventually dies.

I’m obv not a techie for sure. . I loved my evo4g thru sprint lasted me thru to my upgrade lol . So I got the i5 as it was more what I wanted did what I wanted to do without a ton of shit I had no idea how to use

Finally got my S4.

Like it in 90% of ways and will take a while to over ride the things I don’t like.

Camera while takes amazing photos has a slow focus and slow shutter compared to even my iPhone 3GS.

Service on the phone appears to be great EVERYWHERE but my house. FML

Do you have the “google” version of the phone with bare bones android or does it have samsungs touchwiz?

If the latter get a stock version of android on there, almost every phone ive had with a manufacturer specific camera app has sucked donkey dick, the barebone android camera is much quicker.

I can just download it or do I need to root it?

I’m likely going to try to keep the phone as stock as possible just by getting new apps.

It should have the touchwiz, which allows it a number of neat camera modes like freeze frame action sports where the figure goes across the screen in many shots or automatic GIF action files where you highlight what part you want to move.

I THINK you can just get the stock rom for ti, don’t quote me on that though.

Honestly I’d do it regardless, the stock android experiance now with 4.2 and even better with 4.3 is much better than any of the phones with their BS stock roms.

THe camera features are great but clunky from what I understand, not losing much that a 3rd part app couldent do IIRC

the iphone battery is pretty easy to replace