The Blue Oval guys get it right!

[quote=“JayS,post:12,topic:25317"”]

News flash… cars are heavy now. I was just reading about audi’s new mid-engined supercar in Car and Driver this morning and they were all excited it was “only” 3500lbs.

[/quote]

Probably because Audis are expected to be bloated and heavy…

As for the dealer gouging, Lotus told their dealers when the Exige came out, that if they charged more than MSRP then they wouldn’t get any more allocations for the year.

If GM and Ford weren’t so desparate to sell cars, they could probably do something like that, but given their dire financial situation, it’ll never happen.

Hey, what’s the towing capacity on one of these things, anyway? At 4000lbs and with that kind of power, it could probably fit the bill as a fun DD / tow vehicle…

[quote=“neurokinetik,post:21,topic:25317"”]

Hey, what’s the towing capacity on one of these things, anyway? At 4000lbs and with that kind of power, it could probably fit the bill as a fun DD / tow vehicle…

[/quote]

I’m sure it could tow your Miata with a few sets of rims and tires to spare.

4000 lbs aint no thang…

all you crybabys whining about weight :baby: :lol:

nice car :tup:

[quote=“turbo ls1 ss,post:23,topic:25317"”]

4000 lbs aint no thang…

[/quote]

X2 All of my cars are heavy.

[quote=“turbo ls1 ss,post:23,topic:25317"”]

4000 lbs aint no thang…

[/quote]

Yeah, I was thinking about this. Fer cryin’ out loud - it’s a fully equipped 4-pass. street car with (well) over 500hp for $43,000. They had to compromise somewhere. It would a better performing vehicle if it were 500lbs lighter, I would also probably be double the price or a “stripper” with no AC, insulation, etc.

[quote=rskrause;473508]… it’s a fully equipped 4-pass. street car with (well) over 500hp for $43,000…quote]

Can you actually get one for that price yet?

X…

[quote=“Xander,post:26,topic:25317"”]

[quote=rskrause;473508]… it’s a fully equipped 4-pass. street car with (well) over 500hp for $43,000…quote]

X…

[/quote]

Well, no. But Ford isn’t getting the excess $$$ so the logic of the pojnt is still valid.

M5 weighs 4000 pounds

“Weighs under 4000 pounds” would make for ghey ad copy anyways.

[quote=“Xander,post:26,topic:25317"”]

X…

[/quote]

I’ve seen a few go for like 2500-5000 over msrp, just a matter of finding the right dealer