I Know this is a longshot......

Duck n Cover Wow you made a comment like that on here and half the site hasn’t torn this thread apart yet. Some of the best drivers I know both here and nationally came over from drag racing. Some of them just get it, others didn’t. And if you ever have to do a prosolo (autox with a drag start and two courses mirrored). You better know how to pull a good reaction time, good 60ft time, etc since that stuff depends on your course time. (quick video, notice the timing tree, occationally you see and hear the car on the opposite side of the course).

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8555513320800802314&q=prosolo

A few years ago I was standing next to Kurt while Pewter was talking about some of the finer points of drag racing. Probaly learned more in those 5 mins about drag racing than I ever will off the internet lol. With my car being dirt slow, autox just makes more sense right now.

Long as i’m ranting. You even know what class you want to take the truck into? A V8 swap is gonna push you into a really high class. Probaly SM2 with all the supercharged miatas on DOT race tires. You’ll HAVE to use race tires if you ever even want to be noticed in class up that high, even now race tires will net you more time than a V8 swap. Also didn’t a V6 come in those year of S10’s? You can swap in the V6 that came in your year of truck and still stay in a lower class. You’ll probaly be more competive down in a Street Prepared class rather than up in mod. That would be my route, race tires, then maybe a V6.