The Current State of Shift518

Dear members of Shift 518,

A lot has been happening behind the scenes here at Shift, and it has not been helping at all, so we are taking the time to inform all members of what has been happening.

Months ago, Singh was removed from mod/admin access for several reasons, including disagreements on how the site (which is not his) should be ran.

About a month ago, Vlad moved the server to his own host. Singh was using server space that Vlad paid for in order to host other sites he made (and most likely charging those customers for the space), without telling Vlad. Once Vlad found out a year ago, Vlad wanted nothing to do with Singh’s services or sites. Vlad was fine with the space shared for now, as Singh helped with hosting in the past but it was time to separate and for both to go in their own ways. Singh said he will get to moving his site “next week” for the last year and “never found the time” even though Vlad kept reminding him to do it for months. The passwords were changed before the server move so things can get done properly. During that time, Singh asked for the passwords so he can remove his files from the server last minute before they get deleted, and Vlad agreed because Singh was helpful before and Vlad was trying to be a better man.

During that time, we found that Singh took advantage of passwords and made himself have all mod/admin powers again, as well as “hacked” the server to make it so he was the most powerful admin, even more than Vlad. It wouldn’t allow us to adjust his privileges to make him similar to all other members here. We eventually figured out how to remove that issue, and now has been adjusted properly. He also went through and read ALL PMs that had his name in them, so he could see if people were talking shit about him. That is a huge issue, as it invades everyone’s privacy on this site. If he was doing this to see if people were talking about him, we also feel it could be used (not just by Singh) to find out more info people talk to each other about, as well as phone numbers, addresses, etc… and possibly financial information. No other mod or admin has done that, and none of us would do that.

Despite what many here may think, Vlad does care about Shift and it’s members. Many may disagree with him, but ultimately it is his forum and he is providing tons of amusement to all of us. It is his money, his time and his effort. As much as some like to hate him, you should also realize you may not know some of your good friends because of him, and despite constant criticism he still tries his best not to shut things down. My patience is a lot lower than his, and if I was in his shoes I would’ve prolly just shut down the entire forum by now. He is helping you, and some (many) take that for granted.

I know some will think Singh is awesome for what he did, but he is a threat to the forum and nothing more at this point. He has been locked out of his account to prevent any further damage. Any members who allow him to post under their account will immediately be banned for an indefinite time period. This thread is about what Singh has done for the forum… Not about any other mods or admin, or any personal issues I have with Singh, so keep this on topic. We just wanted to inform you about this situation. If the forum does go down in the near future, you know who to place blame on.

What a piece of shit.

If it gets to the point where Vlad calls it quits. I am calling first dibs on the namespace and I will pay to take it over.

dead ass

All this boils down to “really, WTF”. Shift is a damn website. All these people here have lives, and are good fucking people in them. The dissillusion that comes from a fucking username and associated permissions blows my mind. We are all friends here, one way or another. If you have beef in real life, either confront them and take care of it, or respecftully ignor them the best you can. It really shouldnt be any different once you click “log on”. Its like going to a party with your friend Bill, and that guy Ted is there you dont get along with. Just say hi to Ted if you meet at the punch bowl, and let it be. If Ted acts like a douch, let him.

We all have grown older, and more mature here over the years… this really shouldnt be that hard.

Thats not directly pointed at Dave… its pointed at everyone here, myself included.

srs forum is srs

lol someone has been stalking facebooks

As long as the appropriate action was taken against Singh then I have no issue.

Good bye cork soaker !

Dont you feel its a little unfair that singh cant read this or post in his defense/reasoning? It just seems exaggerated that you would post this, seeing as you and vlad are tight and have issues with singh

No, he can read it, it’s in the public area. It’s also not unfair. What he did was unfair to Vlad. Vlad and Singh were “tight” Before too, but as you cann see in my post, that has changed a bit. What would Singh try to justify this with? “I need to be a part of the admin/mod team I hate so much on the site I love to hate!”

At the end of the day, this is not a democracy, and it is Vlad’s site. Singh betrayed Vlad’s trust when Vlad was trying to help him out, therefore he is no longer allowed back. Vlad’s been very lenient to everyone here, and Singh took it a couple steps too far so Vlad has every right to do what he can to ensure Singh is no longer a threat to Shift’s existence.

EDITED… NOT MY PROBLEM…

http://img.podnova.com/icons_pandroid/jpg/124/13/13873.jpg

Wait, wait wait. Are you implying there IS a legitimate reason to hack into the server and read everyone’s PM?

If there is one, I would love to hear about it.

Well see my point exactly, you cant hear about it cause singh is banned

I read all ur pm’s Richie… :dunno

Didn’t stop him from posting before by using a borrowed account. Just saying.

Dont u dare dan! i got all my credit card and back acct #s in them lolz

Well I’m sure one of his iPhones work enough to get ahold of Vlad to explain himself. He was able to text him and call him a faggot, so I’m sure he could do the same to explain himself.

:ponder

Agreed to no end. If there ever was more of a reason to ban someone from the forums, this takes the fucking cake hands down.

Hes already txt vlad with no response.

Probably because of te text calling him a faggot. I’m no expert, though.

Yea, that word makes people not ever want to talk to anybody ever again? Its a word. Not a big deal like some people make of it