The For Sale Section

is it ok if I found that post hilarious?

I’ve come back to read it three or four times now

Yeah I fully think that anyone should be able to reply to FS, WTB…
It serves to function as a buyer protection format.

Not to start an debate on profits, or business ethics, but I think we can all say where we’ve seen it beneficial. Recent example includes someone WTB an O2 SR sensor, and sure enough search or tech post would have applied, but I passed along a heads up on various cross compatability O2 from Z, and red vs. black, turbo ext…

I personally had the wrong O2, and it was an incovience I could’ve done without.

And I greatly appreciate you shedding me some light on what the market was for those.

What about when people are selling something unsafe, unreliable, or not as-advertised, but 99% of the general public wouldn’t know it?
I mean, what if someone was selling a car with a turbo motor, at like 19psi and was using duct tape to hold his/her IC piping together? Or if they’re selling a car with a stock KA and saying it’s “retarded fast” and then asking 20G for it or something. Now, I know this is a car forum, and most people “should” know better, but what if the item for sale wasn’t a car? What if it was… say a computer. This not being a computer forum, it’d be safe to assume that a large portion of people, don’t know what they’re getting themselves into, as such, I think some measure of buyer protection is required.
I mean, a certain member told another one off, because they were selling a shoddy quality mountain bike, and saying it was good, thus essentially scamming the large amount of people that know nothing about mountain bikes. It’s an item not related to the forum (not a 240SX) and people aren’t necessarily informed on it, so he did the right thing by saving someone a lot of trouble and hassle. I think one should have the right to challenge a seller that is selling a poor quality/unsafe/overpriced, etc… item as long as they do it in a civil manner, and back up their claim in some way.

But yea… that’s my rant…

Substantiated claims backed up by evidence are DIFFERENT from people just saying “omfg this car sucks” etc etc.

Well, I’m gonna wait for a mod or admin to confirm that, and then I’m gonna go post some substantiated claims backed by evidence in a certain FS thread in Other.

brings in mustang nos bottle thread

GT