The FRC Project

So I drove around a little more today and the CEL did finally come on.

It usually stays off for anywhere from 80-150 miles in my mustang after I reset the computer. I love the gas smell from a catless exhaust.

Finally!! I knew it would. Surprising though that it took awhile, on my f-bod, soon as i put the catless Y on, CEL came on at start up. Same when i fired my old truck up open headers, instant CEL on startup.

yah im used to this smell in my car…

No cats and bullet mufflers = gas smell

LOL, I was recovering from last night. Sorry guys! Everything that has been mentioned makes sense so far.

LOL @ your sig, +rep

Here are some pics of the install:

um why is the car that crooked on the lift?!?!? that scares the shit out of me I didnt know it was that bad!

god im lucky to be alive!

that aint crooked dude lololol

holy SHIT is that car crooked. LOL Install actually looks WAY easier than I initially thought. Cool. Pauly when we doing yours?

its pretty bad for me.

That lift was sketchy…ask adam lol

it looks easier because the first thing we did was took the hood off, alternator, coil packs, plugs, wires, AIR hoses then the manifolds are right there.

We did this all while the car was hot so literally the manifold bolts came out like butter.

Both headers went in from the top with a little twisting and fancy angle work. The driver side, we pulled the steering shaft nuckle bolt and pushed it aside and it went right on down. Pretty easy.

Yea, I dunno that I’d be fucking around under that thing at all.

Nice pics, that looks like a nice setup, fits nicely. I really want to hear this thing in perosn.

Wayne - probably late this summer/early fall.

The car was def more crooked then I thought, judging by the pictures above, but I think it had to do with the lift being uneven, not sure. It didn’t seem that bad when we were there…

The install really went very well. I can’t remember the last time I worked on a car where everything went perfectly haha. Usually by the third hour into something I am throwing wrenches and air guns at the wall.

lol was there air at that shop? looked like you were using dreaded hand tools in the pics. LOL

Yea there was air and we used it on the exhaust bolts. I was to worried about breaking a bolt off in the block to use the air lol.

we used hand tools for everything. The only bolts I used the air tools on was the stock exhaust manifold too x pipe bolts cause they were pretty rusted…Ended up snapping one clean off.

02 simulators are junk. get wayne angle blocks if you arent having the 02 function deleted.

what are wayne angle blocks???