The FRC Project

No I have a lift I can use for free. No way would I work under that car with just jacks.

I did it with my SS and thats harder to do…I did it in just under 4 hours on jack stands in my gravel drive way…this including pulling off all coil packs, wires, plugs etc…

The only thing that would make it harder is your motor is tucked under the cowl a bit more than ours. But our engine bay is far tighter than yours IMO. It will take more than 4hours on 99frc’s car for sure. You must have been cruising to get yours done that quick dude! Especially on your back!

it really wasnt bad at all once you take all the coils/wires/plugs off…then it was a breeze

the bay is way tighter on the vette than the f-bodys . with a lift and patience it will get done but its gonna be a while im guessin

I am hoping to get it done in a day. Free beer/pizza to anyone else that wants to lend a hand to make the job that much faster.

:wink:

Car looks good man!

BANG!

me and Adam banged out his car in 6 hours flat, from start to finish and thats including a damn hour figuring out how to get the car on the lift the best way…

videos are uploading now.

videos are still processing…quality will get much better in a few minutes

Thanks for posting those man. I am so happy with the results. I’ll post pics of the install later on tonight : )

so exhaust leaks are next?

?

there wasnt a single exhaust leak.

I have a ? for ya. When you installed the catless X obviously the CEL came on. Did you use MIL eliminators to fool the computer or do you have to get our cars tuned to delete the cats?

he didnt have a cell come on…atleast for the 20 minutes after before we left he didnt.

His setup used all 4 o2 sensors…the rear stockers mounted right up and we just had to extended the fronts by about 2’.

if you are worried about it, I have two o2 simulators I will sell you for cheap. Im sure you know what they are/do so no need to tell you about them

other then that, yes it will get tuned out if you get a tuned.

No CEL came on for me. Like Smokkin said the system is bunged for 4 02 sensors. I drove around for a good two hours yesterday after the install with no CEL lights.

Yeah i know what they are, they are the same thing as MIL eliminators. I’d pick them up off you if/when i do my headers and X.

That blows my mind…without o2 simulators? I dont know how you dont have a CEL, even though you used all 4 o2 sensors (which most of the header/x kits do), your cats are still gone!! The up-stream o2 sensors are for engine management and the downstream o2 sensors basically just check to see if your cat is working IIRC. If there is no cat, WTF!? Its obviously not working LOL.

Maybe it is just going to take more time/miles before I get the CEL then? I don’t know. I do know it is running richer as I can smell the unused gas now and it blows very little smoke at WOT. Still no CEL though. I will update you when/if it comes up.

Catless X will give you that gassy smell, it may not actually be running any richer, I’m surprised you dont have a small, blackish, puff cloud blow out the tail pipes at WOT. Usually going catless will do that too. Its possible the computer just hasn’t realized the cats are gone yet i suppose. Keep us updated.

Turbotravis, where are ya when we need info on this stuff?? lol