The GN

It took a 1/2 breaker + impact socket + 4 ft bar to get my Supra crank bolt off. Impact gun wouldn’t do it.
A bunch of MKIII Supra guys do the breaker bar thing while the engine is in the car and blip the starter. I don’t know how I feel about that, though :wierd .

good luck getting it running jay!!!
itll be nice to see it out of the garage!
ill be seeing you soon im sure!
credit card arrives in 7 days!!!
:slight_smile:

yeah, if we have some time tomorrow, i wanna play with this thing. i’m tired of just looking at it sit.

The IR titanium will be in my hands by tomorrow for sure. I can’t handle this gun being shot. I’ll probably rebuild it later, but right now the cheapest way out is to just get the new gun. There’s a lot of projects coming up so I need something that won’t bitch out! Not to mention I want to get my damn car moving again so I can get it out of the garage when I have too many things going at once… like yesterday!

check your PMs jay

ya get the 2135 ti or the 2135 ti max??? i have bothand the max is a nasty gun

Replied

I’m def going with the TImax for sure, it’s less than 3 hundo and my wifes father uses it at his shop. I’m a little embarrased to admit it, but it nearly took my hand off when I used it, LOL!

:lol:lol:roflcome on man ,its easy to use nice light gun and shit.libe it every day and grease every week or will hang on ya the touchy but great guns

Oh yes, it’s very easy to use now, but my gun was so beat I was just not ready for it, lol.

u finnally have a gun that works sweet

that’s right, stop by monday sonballs and the focus will be done and you can try it out!

That gun works fantastic! Got that bolt off no sweat, after I put a shorter hose on the compressor though. I find the 50 footer works like crap and I should have known better!

i can’t believe i just found this thread now! Car looks good J, good for you for working on it finally it’s about time!

yeah short hoses run it better get the high flow fittings then watch her scream she really likes volume also

Apparently a timing cover on a 3.8 does not come off easily. What I wouldn’t give to just have a normal old-school timing cover right now! I think the dowel pins are stuck in the cover so the damn thing won’t budge.

Thanks man. It’s definitely about time. It’s been a hectic few years with the shop and life in general! Here goes!

So today the timing cover came off. I replaced the timing gears with a proper set and have begun the reassembly of the engine portion of the project. Tomorrow it looks like the oil pan is going back on and the silicone will be flowing, LOL @ GM and their sillycone. After that its a snazzy new fuel pump and some new mufflers. Almost there!

glad to see you’re actually following through with this :smiley:

It’s extremely busy over here at Gearhead which makes it hard to complete my personal BS, but I’m not complaining! Keep comin in folks!

If you and pete need help or just want another hand with anything I’m down for lending a hand