The gun debate

I have read your article and if you actually read the wikipedia you would see all the sources linked at the bottom. The day and age of making fun of wiki as a source is long over, certain schools even allow it as an academic source.

Did you even read your own article?

But criminologists say crime figures can be affected by many factors, including different criminal justice systems and differences in how crime is reported and measured.

New Home Secretary Alan Johnson is to make his first major speech on crime today
In Britain, an affray is considered a violent crime, while in other countries it will only be logged if a person is physically injured.
There are also degrees of violence. While the UK ranks above South Africa for all violent crime, South Africans suffer more than 20,000 murders each year - compared with Britain’s 921 in 2007.

Another article about 10,000 yearly homicides.

According to the FBI, in 2008 14,180 people were murdered in America.

Also there are about 30,000 injuries by a gun that didn’t end in deaths. Don’t you think most of those homicides and discharges that didn’t kill are well a crime?

Then there are plenty of statistics which show that some of the most lenient gun law states have some of the highest gun related deaths per capita.

Not to mention the amount of US school shootings vs UK school shootings if you want to go deeper into that. No guns in UK no school shootings in UK. Guns in US resulted in around 147 school gun homicides in the last 10 years alone.

Now before you go on, I’m all about looser gun laws, myself having as many guns as I want and for second amendment to defend myself but stating that Britain is more dangerous and has a higher crime rate because they don’t have guns is outrageous. Not to mention above you are solely trying to blame one party for these situations when it should be the entire government. Plenty of anti gun Republicans in history too.

Unless you want to argue that yes, them not having guns is the source of all evil and you single handedly solved the problem of the entire countries crime rate - give them all guns, I’m sure all statistics will drop down to 0, because of course there are no violent states in the world where people have access to guns.

Russia also has a gun ban on private ownership so statistics should be similar to UK then no? While homicide rate in Britain is low, Russia is worse than US, 2 or 3 times over.

This whole issue is a bit more complicated than just blaming liberals for anti gun laws and saying guns make you safer. You’re starting to sound like a Alabama born guy with a wife/sister living in a trailer home.

Talking about the issue and fighting for a change to make gun laws disappear is one thing, but trying to point finger at somebody on this complicated issue as I hear many gun owners do isn’t helping anybody or isn’t true either. It’s about as smart as saying that Sun revolves around Earth, ignoring the complicated scientific equation that proves that wrong.