The House Heath Care Bill

Ok, start reading - 1,990 pages - and discuss what you like and don’t like.

Post up what page and section you agree with or disagree with.

Do NOT link to news / blog sites here. Form your OWN opinion.

Lets see if people can do that :ohnoes:

I agree with 3A- the Health Insurance Exchange for individuals and small employers with <50 employees to comparison shop.
3B- the Public Option, although I’d rather have it use the medicare + 5 rates, the negotiated rates is the most robust that can pass.
-Pre-existing condition reform. End the insurance practice of hunting for any means necessary to deny coverage.
Also I like REQUIRING THE OPTION OF EXTENSION OF DEPENDENT COVERAGE FOR UNINSURED YOUNG ADULTS.
Too many kids get hung out to dry when their parents’ coverage lapses, but they don’t have jobs with their own insurance yet.

Oof… little tough to get through 1990 pages while I’m supposedly working. :slight_smile:

Pg 216

(3) NO BAILOUTS.—In no case shall the public
14 health insurance option receive any Federal funds
15 for purposes of insolvency in any manner similar to
16 the manner in which entities receive Federal funding
17 under the Troubled Assets Relief Program of the 18 Secretary of the Treasury.

This is a little confusing to me. Does it strictly limit bailouts or does it only limit bailouts in the same manner as the TARP program? I understood it as the latter and purposely vague.

Im sure the voters of this bill will read every page word for word, before they vote.

I really will read the whole bill, but the merged Senate-House one that will actually go into law. Not gonna read 2000 pages when it’s going to get ground up into sausage at that stage anyway.

I understand the OP’s point, as well as Joe’s. And if course, I haven’t read it. I have been following the debate though. So, am I allowed to comment or do you want me to get back to you when I have read the final version, after it will be too late (not that anything we say is going to change anything anyway).

kinda OT, but has the legislation been passed in nys extending the age for college students to be on their parents inurance? This will be relevant to my life in 6-8 mos. I tried google and the search function, but to no avail. I can start its own thread if need be

Speak up Rich. I think your occupation and experience justifies you stating you opinion.