The "I'm gonna blow this motor back to the 80's" p

The equation: 87 ford tempo + leaf blower + big ass turbo from a cummins diesel + pure oxygen or Nitrous + a heavy foot = fun for my guess of 4 seconds.

So I bought this tempo for a winter beater for $150 so come spring I’m gonna blow the motor the best I can. Me and another guy from work are going to take this turbo from a diesel that has some shaft play and bearings are worn in it, mate it to a leaf blower to spool it then dump pure oxygen or nitrous depending what we can get our hands on. Fire all this into the engine at the same time and watch the rods fly. We’ve already tested the leaf blower to turbo concept and were able to get about 17-18 pounds of boost from it. So I was wondering if anybody else had some ideas of how we could put lots of power into this little car for a moment.

hahahahahahahaha

Why not just run a dry shot of nitrous? That would work. :E

I always thought turboing a topaz would be the coolest things ever.

My licence plate would say “slowpaz”

If your going to effort, you might as well see if you can find cheap injectors and an fmu. you just might be able to get it to last longer than 4 seconds

Well I just want to see what will happen, so I’ll be videotaping the whole thing then I’m going to document the teardown of the engine.

shave the heads lol

i would drill a hoe in the turbo and have direct injection nitrous and oxygen tanks to spray in the engine, and then fill it with jet fuel and hammer the fuel regulator cap so it runs higher pressure, and pinch the return line so it pressures up real high to go with your turbo/nitrous mix

it should make around 500 hp for about 6 minutes

can we do this to my car aswel???

it is a 3.0L so it should make 1000 HP

:axe:

Well 500hp for 6 minute… my estimate was 300hp for 10 seconds

I dunno my friends car leaked oil, so we just drove it for four months…

With NO oil

it was 2.3 tempo

still ran when he traded it for golf clubs

yup 2.3 same as mine, its seems to be half ass reliable but I just wanna blow it up so it can rest in peace… either that or spend $50 buy another motor and do it again!

Sounds awesome! This should be a spectator event :lol:

Well I won’t bo doing it until spring, but I’ll make sure to tell people when I’m doing it so if they want to make the 2 hour drive they can!

If you will have oxygen at your diposal don’t even bother with the turbo. Those bottles come filled at 2500psi. Set your regulator to around 100psi, get a little extra fuel in there and bammo you got yourself a blown engine. The pure oxygen will burn VERY hot. :smiley: Probably get you lots of cool melted piston chunks.

Well I’m not gonna try and just blow it up, I will be making a pass against an SRT-4. :E

Then do it right… well half-assed right
You need to give it more fuel or you will be leaning it out sooo bad. Its the only way it will be able to last any more than 1-5 minutes.

I think the oxygen cylinder is a great idea… for death! I would say rather than using the leafblower to spool the turbo, you should do it with the pressurized o2. you would experience little to no lag. :dizzy

The Tempo has to come in the FWD Drifting Track day Dori FUN!

I had thought about using the O2 to run the turbo but it would need to hold a decent amount of air and be at high pressure, and I’m worried that when the motor blows out on me if I’m at high speed, what happens if it were to all lock up get thrown in the ditch and roll? Don’t really want a big ass o2 cylinder floppin around if that happens.

Better wear your helmets and anti conrod suits boys, it sould like there might be some shrapnel when you guys do this.

Yeah I should pick up some medievil chain mail or something.