Nitrous rules

what are the rules for nitrous at PRP?
we’re going to be running a 75 shot of wet NX.

i heard about a blowdown pipe? anything else needed?
also we’re going to be running the nitrous feed line thru a hood in the chassis and underneath the car, is this allowed?

Make sure that the bottle is securely strapped down

this is from the NHRA. i’m not sure how that applies to PRP.
Nitrous Oxide
The use of any agents other than NOS as part of, or mixed with, this pressurized fuel system is strictly prohibited. All bottles must be securely mounted, stamped with minimum DOT 1800 pound rating, and identified as nitrous oxide. Nitrous oxide bottle(s) located in the driver compartment must be equipped with a relief valve and vented outside the compartment. System must be commercially available, and installed as per manufacture’s recommendations. Commercially available thermostatically controlled blanket-type warmer accepted. Any other external heating of bottle(s) prohibited.

does that mean diesel trucks cant use propane?

prp is ihra

Negative sir … if they extend the stop distance to have major events held there to will take over nhra rule sets. As told last year by Frank the owner.

if …

if my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle

strap the fucker in the trunk good…if its a hatchback then you need a blowdown tube b/c you are exposed to the air from the bottle if it blows

its going in a 4 door, we were either going to mount it behind his seat… or in the trunk…
is behind the drivers seat allowed?

also, we’re going to run the nitrous feed line underneath the car. is that allowed? im not sure since its exposed to the elements…

mine is behind the seat. my line is ran under the truck along with the stock fuel lines. in the stock fuel line brackets

is this going on the project cobalt

:kekegay:

if its behind the seat in the passenger compartment you HAVE to have a blowdown tube at PRP.

i need a longer blowdown tube

ya, rofl
I seen a completly stock 2.2 ecotec make 211 whp on a 75 shot…
and a cobalt with an intake, header, bigger exhaust pipe, and a fart can make 222whp with a 75shot…

look in the GM ecotec build book, it says the ecotec can hold up to and around 250 whp on a stock block…

we’re just going to do basic bolt ons and a 75 shot… then bracket race it like no tomorrow. and run consistant with auto tranny :naughty:

and run consistant with auto tranny

Yeah, good luck with that lasting.

Most automatics that are mated to 4 poppers aren’t designed to handle much torque.

Nitrous injection tends to make 1.5 to 2 times the amount of torque as horsepower (for example, a 100 shot on a mild 5.0 is known to make 200lb/ft of torque).

I’ll predict right now that the transmission won’t last a month. :smiley:

agreed…thats shit isn’t going to hold. Nitrous is VERY torquey indeed. Try boost where it comes on a bit slower. IF you are bracket racing then you don’t need nitrous anyways.

Try boost where it comes on a bit slower.

Yeah…or if you’re intent on spray, try a different (built automatic/manual) transmission.

IF you are bracket racing then you don’t need nitrous anyways.

Yup. If your intent is bracket racing, leave the car stock!

well we just want to see what the car will do with spray…
its said straight from GM that the motor can hold up to 250whp with stock internals, so im guessing around 300lb tq

well we just want to see what the car will do with spray…
its said straight from GM that the motor can hold up to 250whp with stock internals, so im guessing around 300lb tq

What they claim the motor can handle has absolutely nothing to do with the transmission.

300lb/ft of torque will result in a VERY short life span for whatever factory automatic you have in that Cobalt.

oh well :kekegay: its a cobalt not a TA… we both could care less about breaking the tranny… we’ll just take the n2o off and take it into the dealer saying " i dont know what happened" :rofl: