The infamous Scribbles

Hey all members, and whoever reads this section.

Just a few things I want to get off my chest, nothing bad. I’m not going to blast anyone, nor do I have something new to complain about, well it’s a little complaint but mostly about myself.

So here’s the situation that I’ve encountered recently.
As we all should know MSSC is done and gone, for some its a good thing for others not so much. From my point of view it’s a bitter sweet situation. I lost a lot of connections with race drift and fabricating friends and peers. Which to me the loss is that of a social nature.

I do miss working on some very special vehicles. But I’ll always have more than enough of my toys that need attention to make up for that.

Onto the pork and beans of this story. I went to the Auto show on a whim, and came across a few booths and people in the Rogers center (sky dome damnit) that when speaking with them I came across some very negative attitudes. I’m sure that they were not directly upset with me personally, but with the reputation of MSSC. Not only was I personally offended but slightly insulted. I will admit that MSSC had many many many many faults, poor decisions, and failed jobs. However I did try to do the very best I could within my ability to provide good service and a high level of fabrication. to be clear about that I do mean specifically the work I performed, and not of the attitude and work of others. For anything that I was involved with I sincerely apologize if anything I’ve done or said to anyone while being there has caused any misfortune, hurt feelings or otherwise.

At the point when MSSC closed I assumed that I would be able to make a clean brake from some of the shenanigans that occurred within its walls. But it seems to be following me around like a bad smell.

I am still good friends with most of the people that were involved with MSSC whom I don’t feel is necessary to name in this. If you know, good, if not I’d rather not get into it. However Just as I wouldn’t judge anyone based on their association I would like the same.

I know that I know a great deal about a wide variety of things, from mechanical to electronic. From Mazda’s to Nissan and beyond. Now I feel I have to start at square 1 and re-prove my abilities and knowledge to remove the “taint” of a perhaps misplaced reputation. Not that I’m actively working on any projects or even involved in any automotive business at all at this point.

To those who have been involved with MSSC that are reading this understand that I mean no disrespect to you. But lets be honest, there were both good and bad times, good and poor decisions made by everyone including myself. I simply want to put all that in the past and be done with it and start fresh. And maybe just maybe save a little face in the process.

I realise that I’m not an easy person to get along with. I’m arrogant, angry, and stubborn, and very immature for my age. However there have been a number of events in recent that have forced a change that perhaps is for the better.

I think it’s a fairly reasonable request on behalf of myself towards the 240 and import community.

On a side note, just to knock all the pegs down with one ball.

To Sasha, I know there has been a great deal of bad blood between us. I’ve said a few things to a good number of people that perhaps should have been kept to myself. The time that was spent together, I can honestly say I didn’t care for your company, and quite frequently your attitude. However as a professional, I do respect your work, your achievements, and I congratulate your success. I hope that some things can be forgiven and that perhaps we may come to a point where the past can be put away and a new start can be achieved.

Ok I’m done, that’s all. I’ve spilled my soul to a community I’ve not actively been a part of for a long time. Again I’m not bringing the Hate on anyone or any group for anything done or to be done, and in no way am I attempting to single anyone out or bash anyone. Just telling it how it really is, and that I need to attempt to regain some of the repsect I felt I may have (however I could be deluding myself) and have lost through the assosiation, and reputation that has followed.

If anyone has a beef with the above, let me know we’ll work it out. I don’t think I’ve insulted anyone, but if I have sorry it was not intended.

No I’m not drunk.

I don’t recall why, but you had some kind of beef with me and my noobness years ago. But I forgot and couldn’t give a crap less.

Good on you for admitting to faults, trying to regain face, however futile it may be (which you seem to realize). I can see it’s more of a personal battle being waged.

Hey Scribs, good to see you’re alive and kickin :wink:

I’m not active here at all anymore either but just happened to be bored at work and stumbled across this.

For what it’s worth, I still love you. And if it helps make you feel any better, I was pretty involved with SON and the 240 community when MSSC wass in full force, I was at the shop several times for one reason or another and keeping all of that in mind I really have very very little idea of the negative things that went on. I’m sure people have stories they share and there is trash talking going on in and around SON still, and I still think of you guys whenever I’m driving on Main Street(I think?) in Milton and see some building with a big MSSC sign on it but nothing bad ever comes to mind.

For some reason my only memories of that place are when I first saw those “Fast” wheels on a 240 (I think it was even your 240 maybe) and thinking to myself, “Oh shit, I always thought that said “Frost”” and when Dan tried to rip me off of $20 on a brand new turbo s14 KA header that I was selling to him for only $160 to begin with. OK so I lied, that is a bad memory… but you get the idea :slight_smile:

Nicely written post though, props.