The last movie you've seen, and rate it.

I think you need to lose your “I’m way cooler in person” title since you’ve never seen a John Wick movie.

To be fair…I haven’t been to the movies in a longggg time. Last time was the first Deadpool and I had a student and his mother sit next to me…let me tell you how fun that was lol.

deadpool is trash compared to John Wick.

JW2 was the weakest. 3 is probably the strongest.

think John Woo action films updated and with even stronger choreography. JW3 even used dogs in the action with Halle Berry. It was pretty intense and each of the awesome action sequences lasts like 3 times longer than they need to but they just keep getting more awesome.

i was lolling pretty hard at that knife fight near the beginning.

Yeah, saw JW3 last night and it was great. Halle Berry’s character with the trained assassin dogs was probably my favorite fight scene. They were all awesome though.

JW4 was green lit only a couple weeks after JW3 hit theaters. 2021 release date.

@Motocrossx23 got me in the mood for bumping old threads.

Went and saw the new Dragon Ball Movie not too long ago. I was the only person in the theatre it was pretty cool. I can see why Regal is filing Chapter 11. I’ve been watching Dragon Ball for almost 25 years now, if you’re a fan of the franchise it’s worth seeing. The animation is incredible. 8/10

I’m just going to add that Top Gun Maverick is the best movie I’ve seen since I last posted in this thread in 2019. 10/10, two thumbs up, certified fresh.

3 Likes

Agree, I’ve re-watched like three times now.

1 Like

can you buy it in the store on blu-ray? i liked it and movies that are worth seeing are so rare now that it doesnt hurt to just buy each one on DVD

All my movies are digital. When the EMP/GreatReset/MadMax event comes I know a few people with nice Blu-ray collections and I figure I’ll just kill one of them in the lawlessness. :joy:

3 Likes

When that happens, I’m going back to oral history, but I’m going to purposefully tell the endings wrong.

1 Like

ah yes, let us wait patiently for the boog.

Don’t wait.
Lets start NOW rewriting movies.

Teen witch.
Teen girl discovers she is a witch. uses magic to win the heart of a boy, and gets burned at the stake.
I have no idea why that movie came to mind 1st. I just wanted an old movie that has already been forgotten.

Edit: it is with great restraint that I did not comment you post apocalyptic oral plans.

• +points for working oral into fake storylines.
2 Likes

Jurassic World Dominion… Spare yourselves and the childhood you still cherish. :pensive:

2 Likes

Yep, too much cheese. Could have been great.

John Wick 4, loved every fucking second of it.

I have to figure out which poster in my movie room to take down to make room for my new John Wick Poster.

I think Shawshank is still my #1, but I’m moving JW4 to #2 and Interstellar to #3

3 Likes

Highest kill count of all JW movies.
My wife and I saw it in a theater with a bunch of loud folks.

The loud ‘ahhhs’ near the end were somehow ok.

I still like JW 1 the best, probably because the bulletproof coat wasn’t so ridiculous.

2 Likes

I see what you did there.

1 Like

Just got around to watching;

Mandy (2018)

No spoilers, go in 100% blind. Pacing might be slow in first act, but there will be a payoff. Late night with intoxicating substances recommended.

Saw jw4 opening night downtown toronto and again this past saturday matinee with my kids.

Imho its going the way of the FnF franchise… might as well fight on the wings of a spaceship next.

That being said, its still good theatre.

JW3 is the best. The knife fight, the assembly of an antique pistol for a single round, the horse work… that one broke ground.

I did appreciate how jw4 just went to all of the paris hot spots for wild scenes but if youre in paris i want to see cars on fire a d 1000’s of protestors in the streets

1 Like