The last movie you've seen, and rate it.

I have climbed those steps at the Sacre Coeur many times and they are a pain in the ass. I can’t imagine fighting 600 people while climbing them.

Uh… Very slow start for at lease the 1st 1:10:00, so the wife and I turned it off. Maybe we will get back to it.

Have you seen the movie Vulgar? Maybe human centipede?
LMK how those are :slight_smile:

Finally watched the movie “Nope” by Jordan Peele. Personally I loved it. It’s not that it’s a crazy good movie but rather the concept is what makes me love it. A totally different take on alien spaceships that I’ve never in my life ever considered. It was a cool thought that was different from anyone else.

Curious what others thought of it.

I want to see it now.

1 Like

This movie had a great trailer, meant to check it out. going to have to now.

1 Like

Watched nope

Not bad. Definitely different than i expected.

Now. Everyone should watch: Guns of Eden.
After or as you watch it you will understand why.

Edit: its bad. Comically bad. Fyi

Also. Habitat for humanity is builing a modular home in a building that Quiet Place 2 was filmed.

Built in 1901.

2 Likes

Watched “White Chicks” with my kids last night. First time I’ve watched it since it was first released. 11-yo was laughing the whole time, 7-yo missed a couple jokes. I can’t wait to forgot about this movie and watch it again in 20 years.

2 Likes

Thats a really cool building

All hot riveted together too.

The place is a mess. Ironically while doing roofing inside I was getting dripped on from the leaks in the roof.

Saw Sound of Freedom on opening day in Dallas. First 3 theatres were sold out.

I’d recommend going and watching it. It’s a signfiicant departure from the usual stuff.

The production value is better than a B movie but not quite up to hollywood. You notice more in the first 1/3 of the film with the editing but you stop noticing it later.

the stand out, and the reason to see it, is for the disqueiting scenes with the child actors.

there is nothing lude about it, not nudity or anything, but they dont really have to go much further than the usual cuts for it to be difficult. watching the child actors get abused by the traffickers and engaging with the pedos is difficult. but the kids do an incredible job, really noteworthy.

at the end when they show the real footage of the main raid that saved the 50+ kids and you see the real images of the real traffickers it does kind of hit you again. You WILL cry.

3 Likes

Posted in the AI thread but just remembered we have this one, Upgrade. Pretty good!

1 Like

Dune part 2 is excellent. They made some changes from the book, but honestly I don’t even care :+1:

Also this…

https://twitter.com/CultureCrave/status/1764536277071004035?t=cAFw5Q4DXc96D9HREhasgA&s=19

1 Like

i’m going to see Dune again for sure. sooner the better. really liked it.

Last Flag Flying…amazon had it on the comedy section…pretty sad fucking movie

TRUNE 2

https://twitter.com/Vox_Oculi/status/1729500708334870529?t=YBntL_9JQ9zHtvo4PpRZ9w&s=19

2 Likes

36 years old disappearing finger trick still blows my mind

Ricky Stanicky…funny movie to watch with the wifey

1 Like

The latest Aquaman, aka, Broseidon. 2/10. It was pretty much trash, and I’d give the first Broseidon 6/10.
Hamilton: 2/10. Only tolerated it until the intermission then shut it off. Too woke for me.
Better Off Dead: 9/10. A classic with enough skiing that my daughter and I always watch this around our yearly ski trip over February break
Legend: 3/10. A clip on tiktok made me want to check it out. Should have believed the comments that said, “This is the only good scene in this movie” because they were right. It’s the scene in the bar about “A proper shootout with proper gangsters”
The Hunt: 5/10. This is that one that got all the controversy when it came out because it was about a shadowy group of liberal elites hunting Trump supporters for sport. It was decent and honestly ripped both sides pretty well.
A Haunting in Venice: 7/10. If you like Poirot and mystery movies worth the watch.