The Mayor is in Chicago

Worst argument rebuttal ever.

1. Charlotte did not “switch teams”. Their team left. The only reason that Charlotte even got a team is because the NBA was under heavy pressure to award one of the expansion franchises to a minority owner. There was only one minority applicant. Guess who it was? The guy in Charlotte (who is the owner or CEO of the BET tv channel). Also, Charlotte is an absolutely BOOMING market. Huge growth. Hub of a major airline. Largest base of banking in the country. Charlotte should be a model for Pittsburgh, but Charlotte is absolutely light years ahead of where we are right now.

2. If the only thing attacting young people to stay in Pittsburgh is 2 free hours of WIFI, gambling, and a young mayor, then we are in a lot more trouble than I think we are. And when Atlantic City falls victim to global warming? What are you, retarded? My 18 month old beagle has made a more intelligent and valid argument than that.

3. Pittsburgh is not a valid NBA market. Why? Let’s look. We have had an exhibition NBA game here the last two years, can you tell me how many people were in attendance? Well, I know that last year was LeBron James and there were about 6,000 people. Thats aroudn 40% of Mellon Arena’s capacity. Also, economically, like I said, if they are going to move a team to a city or grant an expansion team to a city, it needs to be on the upswing, in good growth, with a good base to support it. All the teams that are being mentioned as possible places for the Penguins to move are/have that (Houston, huge growth. Oklahoma City, huge growth. Portland? Fast growing city, per capita, in the west. Kansas City, large capital investments in infrastructure and banking in the area).

Also, what in the hell does Rap influencing Country have a damn thing to do with this? Also, yes, Pittsburgh was once known for Steel Mills. That is great. What are we world-renowned for now? Nothing. Possibly one day we will be world-renowned for our medical facilities like UPMC, but we aren’t there yet.

Don’t come at me with some half assed, stupid argument, or I will chew you up and spit you out. You’d have a better chance of survivng being thrown into a wood chipper than coming at me with some misrepresented, ignorant, retarded argument like you did above.