The Millennials are coming!

Does this shit hit home for any of you fuckers who are 18 and in debt?
25 and live at home so you can have a $30k car?

Part 1
Part 2

We watched that in my workforce management class last night and I thought I’d share.

My class universally wanted to choke the weanie in the suit coat.

:slight_smile:

(Yes it’s a biased report for a target audience of crabby old people, but a lot of it reminded me of people I know so I got a kick out of it.)

:bigclap:

God damnit, now I want to kill as many small furry creatures as I possibly can.

“And they think your business as usual ethic is for the birds, and if you persist in the belief, then you can take your job and shove it.”

Yep, that’s me. But, that’s why I work for myself.

“Not only is there no shame with [living at home], but this is thought to be a smart, wise, economic decision.” “Well that would suggest that they probably had pretty happy childhoods.” “Who couldn’t be happy when you’re growing up in a world where there is no failure?”

Hehehe, that reminds me SO MUCH of all the debates on here where one half of people are bashing someone for living at home, and the other half are praising them for the economic choice.

20 at home with a 30k car was ok but 25, um no.

I came to work today, so I knew i was a winner.

lol
Anyone over 30 can’t be trusted…

It’s only going to get worse.

Can anyone find data on the average age of people in this country who hold adjustable rate or interest only mortgages?

I have a feeling that while generation Y is getting the label of the entitlement generation, it was generation X’s feeling of entitlement to have a lifestyle they hadn’t earned that almost brought our country’s economy to its knees…

No… no it isn’t.

i’m 22 i live im 2 apartments one here and one downstate where i work, and i drive a 25k car, i have a good job w/ a 25 year retirment i must be ahead of the game lol

couldn’t agree more

I want to be old and crabby

I wish I wasn’t 19 and in debt. But then again, that’s what I get for driving a piece of shit for 3 years and daddy and mommy didn’t help with repairs.

it’ll come to you soon. :tup:

I was thinking more along the lines of 18 year olds financing necessities like brand new sport bikes.

ill give u some pointers!!!

Oh really?! Everything you have said is bad debt. Your not building anything…

Holy shit thats scary. I’m not old and crabby (old maybe) but damn. From my point of view that generation is lacking work ethic (IMO). When i was growing up my folks instilled the idea if i wanted something i should work for it. Playing sports etc… and losing my father wouldnt let me make excuses, he’d say i guess you need to work/practice/play harder if you want to beat them next time, not aww that ref sucked etc… I had a great childhood but when i turned 18 my prime goal was to get out of my folks house and make it on my own.
I see some of this generation attitude in my own kids, its hard to deal with. I want to give them everything but i hold back thinking it will teach them to be self sufficent.

yep your right but once i work my way back to this area itll b much easier to pay the rest of my car off and buy a house but that wont be for atleast a 1 1/2-2 years but theres nothin i can do about that.
edit: also the only debt i have is my car which i have no problem makin payments on

:tup:

fucking WORD!I grew up with my parents giving me what I needed…not wanted. if I needed new shoes…they bought them for me…but they would be cheap shitty shoes. If I WANTED good ones, I had to work, save my money, and buy them. I’m in debt from college, but I own a car, a truck, a new drum set yada yada. yes I live at home because its cheaper and I’m not worried about moving out right now. My mother has MS, and I like to be home to help her out. What I’m getting at is, I see soooo many people who’se parents buy them everything they want, and now they don’t do shit. They complain about everything and have no work ethic at all becuase they’ve never had to work hard for something before. I’ve been working since I was 13. My parents drilled into me that if I want something I have to work hard for it and I will have it.

remember…“the only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary.”