Digression from PRP post.

Do you think the every day person appreciates what they have more because they have to work to get it as apposed to someone that has been handed everything their entire life? I bring this up in light of the dillweed’s at PRP on August 1st. A friend from highschool and I were talking a few weeks ago as to why I drive and modify econobox cars. I told him it’s not because I cannot afford a nicer car, it’s because I know them, parts are cheap, and it’s what I started out with. He was given a brand new M3 for recently turning 21. The kids live in Fox Chapel, never had a job in his life and mooched off his parents for everything.

So, do you think you appreciate the things you have own/owned because you worked your ass off for them as opposed to the people that have been given everything?

yes i do, i worked my ass of to pay for this car and for all the parts on the car.

yes i do, Look @ Pat!

I think it depends on the person in every situation!

i enjoy everything i work for but when i was younger living at home i use to drive my dads car all the time wasnt given to me but he let me use it for about 2 years. that car was cleaner when i drove it then when he did.

it definately has to do with the person. i babied that car and i beat the piss out of what i worked for but i enjoyed both and appriciated everything i get to drive and enjoy.

Agreed,

I could go buy a LS1 car and go that route, but its hard for me to just give up a car I have worked hard for to get where it is today.

Same here.

Yes, but it’s not an absolute rule. There are kids that have had it easy that still turn out alright. I think it has more to do with the parenting. My best friend down here in OC grew up with a dad that owns a very successful small business. He has a million dollar yacht, fairly nice house, nice stuff, but he is BY FAR the hardest working, honest, appreciative person I’ve ever met.

It’s not about the money. It’s about the parenting. And the parenting of the kids that your kid hangs out with.

agreed, its how you are raised.

I worked hard for what i don’t have. Not a materialistic person and don’t give a shit what people have or their money situation , I just care for what my immediate family needs.

i have never been given a thing since i was 16 years old and my parents bought me a cell phone to see where i was at all the time. And ive worked pretty hard for everything i have built. The way i look at it is I build my cars to beat the piss out of them and enjoy them because in the end they make new cars and parts every day!:burnout:

x2

all in the parenting… /\ x3 peer pressure does exist!

yup

:stupid:

Wow, everyone pretty much agrees on a topic.

My daddy is richer than your daddy

U where a hell of a worker when u was here,was very impressed!!!(not that u had everything handed to u)

the real core of this discussion is Respect… the fact that some people have none, or choose when to use it.

at least in my opinion.

TRUTH X10 It is all about R.E.S.P.E.C.T. and alot of parents forget to teach their kids what this is and how to use it today.
Simple things like saying Blees you and thankyou and your welcome. WTF has happened to people