Would you rather....?

As I get deeper and deeper into my car build I’ve had less and less time/money to get seat time. It makes me wonder.

Being a good driver can make any car fun sucking at driving with a nice car can only take you so far.

Good luck telling that to the ladies. :stuck_out_tongue:

Work you way up to an amazing car as your driving skills progress

Being a bad driver with a expensive car, will be short lived.
Being a good driver with a poor car will be forever. (I have tones of seat time 1k a week, drive a crappy car 1.9t Diesel, but still enjoy tossing it into turns fast.)

I’d rather buy an amazing car and work on becoming an amazing driver. Long self-builds FTL.

How much money have you put into your car?

With entry fees, car purchase, tires, gas, car costumes and all other bullshit I’ve* probably spent $2500+ to do 5 races (4 LeMons + a shorter Enduro) and have gotten 19+ hours of wheel to wheel seat time ~3+ hours of practice time.

*I only account for 1/4~1/5 of the total race budget.

People who hate long self builds don’t have the knowledge and resources to do so. :slight_smile:
Anything built will always be cooler to me. Or minimally something with a lot of time into it.
Anyhow id take an amazing car and learn to drive it.

Skills and knowledge will always be more valuable than possessions. But that doesn’t mean they are the most fun things to attain.

Oh and to be clear I said amazing car since I have no desire or ambition to be some mad tyte pro type driver and am fine with an amazing car that I can still have fun doing track days in. So im assuming by saying amazing car you can still be a competent driver.

Hmmmm I didn’t think of it that way. I just assumed it meant being a good driver in general. Whether it’s screwing around in the back roads or a track day.

While I would never turn down the opportunity to own an AWESOME car, I am perfectly happy with any small/light car that has a peppy engine. As long as it feels nimble, I can enjoy it.

I would take the amazing car over being an amazing driver though. It’s all about the thrill of the speed more so than the lap time, FOR ME.

Yeah i guess I assumed that you could still be a good driver and take the amazign car. Maybe I am just greedy and wanted the amazing car so I told myself that. haha

Agreed on all points. I love the dumb power in my FD but even enjoyed my 525i with sport package and 5-sp a ton around town as well.

Id rather be an average driver with an average car. I would rather push an average car to its limits than have some car I could probably never push close to its limit.

no point in having a car you dont know how to drive properly

Huge difference in driving properly and being an AMAZING driver.

I think many of you are seeing this as an absolute and not answering the question how the op intended at all.

Agreed. Most of us on here can go to an HPDE in a high powered car and not kill ourselves, but thats a big difference from being a Schumaker and clicking off really low lap times.

Also, despite what the poll says, most people on this site have obviously chosen the car option. Other wise we’d all be driving carts or spec miatas.

Yeah people are really not thinking through the question or the answers.

So mine still stands
Give me an amazing car and i am more then happy to keep my current level of “skill”. I don’t have the time or desire to be some type of super racer.

Ferrari F430 plz kthanx

I would rather me an amazing rider and rock a pretty stock bike.
I wish I would have kept the ktm and finished learning to back it in. now and then I could do it but never every time.
This being said for cars also I’d much rather be the stig than have to keep up with maintaining some stupid expensive car.

Mos def.