The Multi-Rotor (Wankle) Thread

fancy

Uhhh, soo… how do you use that much power?

Looks toasty…

[quote=“brent_strong,post:20,topic:40044"”]

Not sure exactly where the GT60 stacks up, but probably a bit smaller than these:

http://precisionturbo.net/large-frame-turbochargers.php

:slight_smile:

[/quote]

:picard:

http://precisionturbo.net/large-frame-turbochargers.php

150-6000 GT6010641 2,000 CALL T5 V-Band 1.25 Inducer 5.118" (130mm) Exducer 4.691" (119.1mm) Journal Bearing Varies / 4.00" Inducer 4.160" (105.7mm) Exducer 5.560" (141.2mm) CALL T5 V-Band

6th from the bottom.

that was… violent :slight_smile:

deep fried christ on a stick

oh

my

god

!!!

This monstrosity…

Wow.

Are you trying to tell me someone actually skis behind that thing??

:eek:

jesus christ, it cant even stay in the water

if somebody made an off the shelf 4 rotor engine i would have sold my m3 a while ago and stuffed it in a FD

God, that is amazing!

omg yes!

but from the comments people are sayin it’s definitely a 13b not a 20b

still awesome though. I don’t think I’d want a turbo boat :stuck_out_tongue: but awesome

[quote=“Viper966,post:30,topic:40044"”]

if somebody made an off the shelf 4 rotor engine i would have sold my m3 a while ago and stuffed it in a FD

[/quote]

by off the shelf you mean not the ones people have done that are basically just 2 13bs right?

talk about a sweet boat!

If ezfd had one of these he would have to carry around 2 sets of apex seals :lol:

[quote=“kansei,post:33,topic:40044"”]

by off the shelf you mean not the ones people have done that are basically just 2 13bs right?

[/quote]

by off the shelf i mean that somebody sells the custom eccentric shaft needed to join two 13b engines together to make a 26b 4 rotor

lots of companys make it one off, but nobody seems willing to sell it

And even if they were to sell it, the engine alone would likely cost as much or more than your M3 did.

[quote=“brent_strong,post:36,topic:40044"”]

And even if they were to sell it, the engine alone would likely cost as much or more than your M3 did.

[/quote]

not just the eccentric shaft by itself… i can build exhaust manifolds and intake manifolds (it would be run as NA) and i can wire up a haltech easily to run the thing… im just pipe dreaming, but there is no reason the shaft would have to cost more then 2500ish, and even then you coudl nap some 13b NA motors for cheap to graft together, doesnt have to be the 13b REW

If it was that easy, there would be companies already producing a custom e-shaft. Hell, there are custom 13b ones. There’s more to it than that, I’m sure.

I know for sure that the bolts to hold it all together are going to be MASSIVE and not cheap.

[quote=“Viper966,post:35,topic:40044"”]

by off the shelf i mean that somebody sells the custom eccentric shaft needed to join two 13b engines together to make a 26b 4 rotor

lots of companys make it one off, but nobody seems willing to sell it

[/quote]

I know where to get one…:snky::snky:…

Y am i not familiar with more turbo boats? is it common… aside from diesel boats…?