The Multi-Rotor (Wankle) Thread

I always wondered if anyone had put a turbo rotary in a boat before…

Guess this answers my question lol…

jesus christ!!!

wow.

retardedly dangerous.

i want one.

pic of boat that it is in?

hahahahaha rotary boat…hahahaha your just asking to get stranded on the water

*Disclaimer: Dont take roatary boat further away from shore than you can swim. LOL

Jeller

[quote=“Jeller,post:45,topic:40044"”]

hahahahaha rotary boat…hahahaha your just asking to get stranded on the water

*Disclaimer: Dont take roatary boat further away from shore than you can swim. LOL

Jeller

[/quote]

LS1 lifeboat. For all your rescue needs.

i just dont understand the point… other then the cuz i can argument

i wouldnt think a rotary would build up enough torque to make it a good boat motor… not only that, but they dont like to hold sustained revs for that long… or a rotary could spool a gt42 like that without much load (since the propeller is pretty free revving)

thats why most open ocean power boats use cobra jet motors, or large big blocks with superchargers (ie no need to load the motor to produce boost)

The coolest thing is the water/air intercooler because the lake/ocean water means never having to worry about heat soak and sub ambient air temps after intercooler.

yes please.

ya know, i was just talking about this with my buddy the other day…

Sounds pretty fuel efficient especially at wot flat out for 2 minutes

Cross posted from 3si, 1600 horse power From a quad rotor + gt60 turbo engine, its sounds fucking sick, and I know how we all love rotorys so much, lol

Anyone able to make out the time?

insane. don’t know what else to say lol

yeah, I saw another vid of it and it only ran and 8.82 IDk seem slow for that setup

Bout god damn time someone built a 4 rotor. I wont lie when I saw the motor light up the headers on the dyno i might have squeesed out a joyfull one.

8.8 second quarter or eighth?

lol… obviously quarter

nice

Aussies really like there rotary’s. Thanks for sharing!

Bump… 12 freakin’ rotors… probably going into a boat:

Garvin says it produces around 1400 hp in its current state of tune, but that number could triple with race gas and turbochargers.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/videos/a7188/insane-12-rotor-wankel-engine/