The New Buick GS

:hugalso a closet bopper here

But its not designed to compete with the Genesis. It’s designed to compete with the TSX and other near-lux cars for 45 year olds who aren’t quite BMW guys. That’s like saying if Dodge would have just made the Caliber a RWD Hemi it would have been competitive with the Mustang.

Turbos aren’t a tuner car thing these days. They’re a way to combine V6 power with better economy. Granted, the 6 speed indicates some sporting pretense, but they’re not looking to develop an aftermarket following or anything.

I absolutely love the looks of these cars, only downside as mentioned is that it’s FWD and heavy as hell.

I’d be interested in something like the 300 hp performance package and AWD like Johawk mentioned.

Well i think the idea of only 270 hp and front wheel drive was so that they dont take any money or customers away from the rear wheel drive and 300hp cadillac CTS and due to come out ATS.

I drive at least a couple of these on a daily basis and aside from the same interior(or very similar) as the Buick Lacrosse’s and shit, they’re really sharp cars. The power is awesome and the 6 speed transmission is super smooth. Definitely rips the tires off through 1st and 2nd gear with ease. For almost $40k though, I’d pass.

where you work?

If those are the 20" wheels they come with in that picture I hope they’re the same bolt pattern as the g8, I like those.

For the railroad. My terminal unloads almost every GM, Chrysler, Honda/Acura, Nissan/Infiniti, Ford vehicle that comes to the Northeast basically. Straight from the factory with <1 mile on them.

It’s not a bad looking car but at $34K there going to have a hard time capturing any segment of the market. It needs to be AWD for starters and it’s needs more power at that curb weight.

The “young tuner crowd” doesn’t make enough money to afford 40 thousand dollar sport sedans.

I would buy one in a few years and put a disco potato on it!

Graduating college students of some careers fall into this category (21-22). Anything under mid 20’s, really. Someone a few years ahead of me got the Genesis when it first came out in 2.0T form.

That is a $25k car, maybe $30k loaded. That’s like saying my boss bought a brand new Camry so I can afford a Lexus…

He could have more than afforded the Buick, CTS-V and some other Audi’s were on his list but he liked the Genesis. He works for Slumberger (oil refinery company) which starts you at 100k a year for an ME degree. Plus you live on site, so no real living expenses. Gotta spend money on something.

Point being I don’t see this being marketable to a middle aged or older crowd, I see the best market as the younger crowd, and there are the people that can afford it.

Only magnifying my point…

Whatever :lol

I surrender.