The new ride

EPA rating is 30 city and 42 highway but usually people see quite a bit more. I haven’t had it long enough to say but I went ~225miles on a quarter tank of fuel. That’s approximately 3-4gal of fuel.

nice pickup. How are they starting in the cold?

o hi.

http://afepower.com/shop/details_new.php?partno=49-36401&diesel=true&menu=diesel&searchtype=vehicle&make=VW Diesel&model=Jetta TDI&year=2010&diesel=true&menu=diesel&brandID=63

jellies, i have 390 miles on a half tank

OK THE “LAW” IS EMISSIONS.

The old TDI’s could not be sold new in New York State due to there exhaust emissions. You could buy a used one though no problem. There was never a law aginst diesel’s in New York, just a rule that a NEW CAR VW DEALER could not sell a new TDI’s (between 02-08) in the state.

If you notice VW call’s all the TDI’s “CLEAN DIESEL”. It’s because the emissions coming out of the tail pipe are cleaner then those coming out of a gas engine. They do this with a Particulate Filter that helps to clean the exhaust gas better, they also use a throttle body in the exhaust system to help “back pressure” the cat’s on cold start to get them up to operating temp faster.

All of the other Diesel’s for sale in the US outside of pick up trucks use a solution called “AD BLUE” this is really just re-invented animal piss that they found out when spraying it into the exhaust gas before it exits the tail pipe, it will help lower harmful emissions. A gallon will normally last about 8k miles and cars such as the VW Touareg, The Merceds Diesel, and the BMW Diesel x5 all use the same additive.

All 3 for suree! and… a drop

I haven’t had it long enough to say personally but there are videos online of them starting in ridiculously cold temps. It was around freezing the other night and it started no problem.

Ooooo, very nice looking.

On the list.

paritially wrong, 04-08.

in those years you could not buy a tdi in 5 states brand new. however, once it hit 5000 miles you could buy them anywhere.

Awesome. I cant even get 225 out of a 1/4 tank on my 27 gallon tank.

Dont the new Duramax diesels require that shit too? I know they require some sort of fluid.

Yup, so do the new 2011 Ford’s. It’s called urea injection… read here: http://editorial.autos.msn.com/article.aspx?cp-documentid=435691

oh and nice pick up man!

yea the years are incorrect, has the ford and dodge recently changed over or was that done in 07-08?

Ford has a brand new 6.7 diesel but I dont know anything about the Dodge. In the magazines its always about the new Ford’s and Chevy’s with no mention of Dodge.

Nice pick-up nick! I’m thinking of looking into the TDI sportwagen for my wife.

DO ITTTTTTTTTTTT

nice pick up bud, am gonna miss the s4 tho…she was hot

welcome tdi buddy

My Ford pickup has the same deal… can these be overridden like mine is so that it functions as an exhaust brake? would be badass on a small car IMO. I love it on the truck.

yours is a 7.3. no dpf on it

did you miss the bold highlighted quote Pete? I’m only asking about the throttle body located in the exhaust. Yes the 7.3 has this, and yes I have mine modified to use as an exhaust brake (Ford originally designed this to put a load on the motor to speed winter warm ups).

So are VW people doing the same thing?!??!

Skull. It’s thick.