The new time warner commercial.

Really piss me of as they blatently lie. You do not need a off air antenna to get hd locals.

I like the one where they try to get you to get cable because you’re going to lose all you local channels on '09. First off, it’s easy to convert an old TV. Second, how many people are watching cable to see the commercial, and they don’t have cable, and thats going to convince them to get it?

Yeah, its kind of dated.

The dish companies used to make you use an off air antenna to get hd locals when hd first came out.

The other thing that TW does that pisses me off is says that our HD is free, and direct charges 9.99 for theirs.

If you compare the two packages, even by paying the 9.99 more you get a shitload more channels, and the price of direct is less than time warner (72.99 the last time I checked)

TW compresses the shit out of HD so even if DTV was 30 extra id take it, since the pic quality is far superior than cable

All of them (DirecTV, TW, Dish Network) compress video but I can believe TW does it the worst. I am curious to know how FiOS is going to be.

I seriously doubt its going to be anything that you would notice. But yeah for TW it makes sense, one can only imagine how many miles of cable there signal is going through just to start with.