The NFL Firing/Retiring/Quitting/Hiring Thread

I have a couple that that interest me. Let’s talk about them and any others you guys wanna talk about. :slight_smile:

1. What do you guys think of Brett Farve? Alot of people saying that since Sherman has been fired he’s likely to not retire. I think he wants to come back.

2. Marv Levy looks like he will be working with the Bills once again (it’s about time). He is supposed to be signing on to work in the operations of the team in some capacity. I’m not quite sure where inside the team but I think it’s cool that he is back in some capacity.

3. I’m surprised that Jim Haslett got fired from New Orleans (even though I’m sure he was hoping for it and could maybe go to Houston). Given everything that they have been through this year there is no way they had a chance to compete. Especially since they won’t rally have a home field back next year. I figured near the beginning of the year that he was going to be given a “free pass” because of the circumstances.

i heard on espn yesterday that favre said earlier in the season that he wont play for anyone else if sherman is gone. so we have to see if he holds up to his word

I know this year sucked for him and the team as a whole. But I want to see hime back. The NFL without Farve will be wierd. He’s always been one of my favorate players in the NFL. Then again it could be better of if he retires and gets into the Hall of Fame in five years when he is eligible… cause we all know he’s in on his first ballot.

looks like former bills HC gregg williams got a fat contract from the Redskins…he is now the HIGHESt paid coordinater in the league…and looks the replacement of Joe Gibbs down the road

Norv Turner has been fired. Hate to see someone lose their job, however, he did not do the Silver and Black too well. 9-23 is hardly acceptable…

Hopefully they can get a new coach, and get back to their glory years…

am i the only one who wishes the bills would get sherman?

i said the same thing yesterday in a different thread…he is a proven winning coach except for this season…

of course not, thats his Demerol supplier

I believe it has just been announced as official. Donahoe is now gone. (Even though everyone knew it was coming.) Gf just told me it interuppted her soap to announce it… lol.

I’m watching NBC… Wilson’s Prozac story was pretty funny
he’s up from 20 to 100 mg’s a day now, fyi

100 mg holy fuck lol…thats alot.

Wilson will be Owner/President
That guy whose name escapes me will be a bigger role of GM
Someone else will be brought in to help guy moving up to GM (presumably Marv Levy. :tup: )

^ mordak? (sp?)

if so, mularkey better put up or pack his bags next year… that is if he’s still aboot.

fuck, where’s deuce, him and I are about on the same page. I think he’d agree, 5-11 is the best thing to happen to the bills in the last few years - get some fires lit dahwn heah :tup:

exactly. i was actually suprised to see him let go, its not his fault his whole offense (basically lol) went down with injuries this year.

I’m iffy on mularky staying here…

I’m glad Mularky is staying. I’ve liked him as a coach since day 1.

I like Mularkey but some of his play calling has to go!! 4th and 1 with 8min left in the game… come on now!! I forget who it was against but it was in the middle of the season… We also don’t need to waste anymore draft picks on WR’s… I think we have enough of them… Our O-Line still needs some help… JP needs to start throwing the ball to Moulds (I hope Moulds doesn’t leave)… With Holcomb throwing the ball to Moulds he was having GREAT games… Just this last game, 96 yds rec… He’s definately underated and doesn’t get the ball enough like he should… I’m glad Donahoe is gone, he got us some good picks but there was a reason why Pittsburgh didn’t keep him and why Cowher is still there and his team is in the playoffs! We should have kept Bill Polian when he wanted to be President/GM and Butler too (RIP)… Oh well that’s in the past. We got next season to look forward to.

Herm Edwards is no longer the Jets coach.

NY and KC in negotiations of some kind.

i guess KC has to give the Jets a #1 pick this year…

I don’t know if I see how… he was fired… he should be free for the pickings.