The NYSpeed / Onyx Syndicate Video Catalogue!

is goin to wind up on dvd or no?/ i can no reads

No DVD this time around. All of the footage will be released on line as quick as the provider allows it to be published. You will actually get to see more content this way. And it will keep Josh really busy in the editing room.

Because everyone keeps asking me if I have extra copies, (I’ve been sold out for over a year) I’ve decided to put up the Volume 1 DVD as well. However, it isn’t in HD and doesn’t have the credits, extras, and easter eggs that the DVD had. It’s uploading now and should be ready to play in about 3 hours :tup:

Watched these the other night. Josh, I think you’ve found something that you should consider sticking with…

Is there any way to skin vimeo to give it a more personal touch?

You could probably have these on your site… host the videos on http://www.bluehost.com/ or something like that to not kill your bandwidth, and just find some HD flash player (if you have to pay for the software it would be a minimal fee at worst

The problem is that there are no real HD flash players. From the Vimeo staff:

"Flash technology is still not the greatest at playing such high quality video. We do a lot of clever things to optimize Flash to play HD videos smoothly on everyone’s computers, but the truth is that not everyone can play HD smoothly. I have a fast computer, but I still see choppiness once in a while, especially if I have a lot of programs running.

Not only is there a video framerate we account for, but there’s also a Flash framerate which tells us how fast the Flash player is updating. If a person’s computer isn’t that fast, Flash most often drops frames. When first testing HD we noticed that if Flash’s framerate got below 15-20fps, it actually affected the video playback making it extremely choppy. We detect if it drops and we dynamically try to lower the Quality setting in Flash to help the person’s computer render the player quicker and therefore play the video better.

Whenever Adobe decides to allow Flash to take advantage of a computers video processor is the day we can have smooth video playback and maybe even 1080p."

So the other option would be to host them server side and use Quicktime, but this seems to work fine for now.

Microsoft silverlight is suppose to be a competitor of adobe flash… who knows if that will be any better. I’ve been on a BIG online flash game kick and i find the microsoft silverlight games to be very nice :slight_smile:

Yes, once I am done doing some work for two other people i will be diving into the Vimeo Developer API and hopefully these videos will be skinned and on the OnyxSyndicate site soon! Vimeo allows hosting and searching on their site and playback + tons of extras for other sites. They are really developer committed.

:tup: awesome to hear… I expect good work from you :slight_smile:

Volume 1 up and running :tup:

yeah im checking it out now…

awesome stuff… no matter how many times i see it.

you need to get up new footage dude.

Only 500mb a week sucks, but we’ll get there :tup:

any chance of you putting up some footage of our 3 glorious laps at watkins glen?

yeah, put together new shit dude… i neeeds it.

pizza tomorrow?

Bing do you mean you eat pizza while watching Josh work and directing over his shoulder?

yes

Chapter 3 Uploaded :tup:

Working on more now.

:tup: another sweet video josh

Thanks man!

Interlude 1 is uploading now and should be done in an hour or so. This is the footage from when a few of us went to TMP and I filmed as a chase cam from a helicopter :tup:

Wow josh the helicopter footage is awesome, I love that you where able to put them online, your shit is fantastic :tup: