The offical Zaino thread!

Since a couple of guys wanted to know about where to get Zaino and stuff, I figure I’d start a thread about it.

You can but them from “The Barber’s Chair” at these locations: Square One, Fairview Mall, and Vaughan Mills. Yes it sounds weird, but they are a hair salon and on the side sell car memorabilia and Zaino.

Here is their full line of products:
http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=Zaino

I’ll make another post about each product does.

I’m looking forward to it!

Zaino is one of those ‘popular’ product lines that everyone seems to remember. Great products, but I can never find a place in my heart for it… they yeild great results, but the process is too long for me if I ran through the whole process. (when oftentimes I can use a one stepper)

Looking forward to your experience!

As Gabe said, Zaino is slightly time consuming, but I love the results :smiley: Alot of the time is waiting though, if you don’t use ZFX. Oh yea, i’m just speaking from my experience, and I’m by no means a professional detailer, so if anyone else have any input, feel free to chime in!

here’s a list of products that are pretty much madatory if you plan on using the Zaino “system”…

Z18 Claybar: your typical claybar, i suppose. One jar comes with two bars, and if you maintain your car well and it’s not a truck, you can probably use just half of one bar for your entire car. IMO you really only need to do this once a year, so one jar turns into a 4 year investment! woohoo! If you want your car smooth as a baby’s behind, you’ll need to start with this!

Z1/ZFX: These act as a “Primer” for all other zaino products to stick to the paint. They differ in how they work in that you apply Z1 onto the car and ZFX you mix into your other Zaino product(s). I stuck with Z1 since I have that bottle lasts forever, and it’s nice to get a break when waiting for the Zaino to cure up for buffing off. :stuck_out_tongue:

Z2-Pro: Ah…the good stuff. This is what gives that Zaino shine! The best way I can describe is that it’s lotion for your car :smiley: Smells fruity too!

Z5(now they have Z5-Pro): Not as mandatory, but this product has fillers to cover up those mini swirls on your car, and my car is black, so it’s pretty much mandatory for me! This can be used between Z2 layers as well, and are pretty much interchangable. I’ve read recently that Z5pro gives nearly the same shine as Z2Pro, so some people have switched to just using Z5Pro.

Z6 Quick Detailer: Awesome product. I always keep a bottle and an MF towel in my trunk at all times. Gives that great extra shine finish for the car, and makes the surface even smoother! It’s “suppose” to have anti-static/dust properties, but honestly, on a black car, it doesn’t seem to help :stuck_out_tongue:

Other products of note…

Z7 Car wash: I’ve used this a few times as my brother has it. I haven’t noticed much of a difference between this and other products I can find a walmart. I suppose if you run out of your current car soap, you can use this to replace it.

Z8 Grand Finale Spray Seal: This from what i’ve heard other people who’ve used it, is Z6 on steroids. Super shine, super smooth, triple the cost, and pretty much only lasts a day. Basically this is more for show cars on the day of the show for the extra shiner finish. I’ve never used it myself, so I can’t really commet on the product. It’s a bit expensive for me to “try” it out.

Z16 Perfect Tire Gloss: Again, a product that i haven’t used yet. They’ve recently changed their formula, and from what i’ve heard from some detailers online, and seeing pics of the results, it’s a pretty good product. It lasts for weeks and through rain, and the shine is a medium gloss. Glossier than Meguire’s Endurance Shine, but not as glossy as the Insane Tire Shine. As soon as my Endurance Protectant runs out, I’m going to give this a shot.

phew, that was a mouth full! next i’ll explain the whole Zaino Process!

From the other’s experiences, Z16 gives the tire a “Just like new” shine, and overly ‘blingy’ as I would say… just between a High-gloss, and matte finish.

I’ve tried it, but I like 303 more (I like the matte look). Their leather conditioner is also really good!

Looking forward to your post!

hehe, yea, i don’t like the over blingy look either… but the endurance shine from meguiar’s is just a little TOO matte for my liking.

its so weird theywould sell it at a hair place lol… must keep heads shiney haha… but im def going to get it ive seen cars with it and the looks is incredible…

Black would look SOOOO good with Pinnacle Souveran though!!!

–Gabe