Zaino Results w Pics and Vid

PICS AND VID ON POST #25

Supposed to get my Zaino tomorrow via UPS-

http://www.zainostore.com/

I have never used it but have heard alot of good things about it, anyone here use it??

I ordered the Z2, Z5 and ZFX and some leather treatment

I will post up my results after I put about 3 coats on

its pretty good shit!

I like Zaino. Easy to use. Durable. It has a good look, depending on what color the paint is and what type of paint. It is priced highly. Note the small bottle sized. But it certainly delivers.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/53/150093470_85c6f1ad87.jpg
This was Menzerna IP, FP, Klasse AIO, Z2 or Z5 with ZFX I believe. I’m not sure.

My advice is going to be contrary to the Zaino paradigm. You should polish the paint before the first coat, and wipe with a mixture of rubbing alcohol/water to remove some of the oils. Unless, of course, your paint has marginal swirls and is already in good condition.

And there’s always this…diminishing returns with layering any type of wax or sealant. It really tugs at my chemistry heartstrings to say that wax can be layered, since it’s obviously in a carrier solvent and applying the new layer likely disrupts the previous layer. Eh. Meh. Anyway, Zaino is good.

I believe Butch also had the leather conditioner that I used as well to compare with Lexol. I think I remember liking it more than Lexol, which isn’t surprising. It’s been two years.

The outcome is all in the prep work. Usually I do a wash with an aggressive soap to clean the surface of big stuff. Then claybar it to get the small stuff. Wash it again then go around with a polish or some mild soap. Spray it off and it should be really clean and good to go. Apply the stuff you got and you should be gold. I’ve layered on the Zaino products and never saw an improvement in either durability or shine after just a single coat of each product in the step. Not worth it IMHO. Save the product for more uses.

This is a shot of the '91 300zx TT the last time I did it with the Zaino stuff.

http://project802.net/personal/gallery/albums/WRX/IMG_2010.sized.jpg

Well the car has been claybarred already
it has minor swirl marks on the clear nothing major, I would give the paint a 9 on a scale of 10
I did wash it with dish detergent to strip off old wax and or oils
I figure I am going to hit it with one coat of Z5 for the swirl marks and then two coats of the Z2
Should keep me busy for a few hours

Soon the bug will hit and you won’t be able to NOT claybar it right before application :slight_smile:

nah its clean, my TA isnt my daily driver so its sitting inside my barn with a cover on it and its been freshly washed and dried

Zaino is great. Last pretty long too.

Are you guys waxing by hand?

i use it.

fucking awesome

Ive heard good things about zaino. I personally have been using Ibiz and meguiars NXT wax, ive been happy with both but the meguiars smells better.

yeah I have also been using meguiars nxt wax for the last 2yrs
I got the Zaino this morning and I hope to put a few coats on this afternoon!

I’m one of the honorary members of the Zaino hater’s club. I think it makes cars look too plastic. but I’m a bigger hater of how people who don’t know shit about detailing go crazy about it when it’s just one of many high end products and these people can’t even name another company that sells high end stuff… it’s like buying a Ferrari and not even taking 5 minutes to compare to Lamborghini, Aston etc… I guess all I’m trying to say is that while you can do a lot worse, you can also do a lot better imo.

That’s why I don’t follow the typical Zaino “Dawn wash” douching regimen. Has anybody…like…thought about that before doing it? And I have yet to find a better all around product than Klasse AIO for cleaning and preparing paint for wax or sealant. Shrug.

Zaino calls all their stuff polish. That is more specifically a pure polish, something non abrasive. I have used zaino alot, and while I personally am not biased toward neither sealants or carnaubas, Zaino is probably the best, longest lasting sealant I have ever used.
To get the best from zaino as far as durability, its best to make sure there is NOTHING on the paint, a thorough wash and a clay(especially if you haven’t clayed in a while) will only help the bonding and thus its durability. Don’t be afraid to clay, a mild clay, with proper lubrication is only going to keep your paint contaminate free not abrade off the clearcoat. If youre using a super aggressive clay like meguiars burgandy, then yea youre gonna mar your paint, otherwise clay is nothing to worry about.
Zaino, also works best on a freshly prepped surface. With oily polish lines like Menzerna, optimum, some of the Meguiars line, the oils that lube the polish will hinder the bonding of sealants. Hence the reason Zaino recommends a dawn wash, but a simple strong wash or zainos ZAIO will work too.
I use menzerna polishes a ton, and because they are oily, after my final polishing step, I will rewash the car to get rid of the polishing oils
As far as the plastic look, yea sometimes :(. But being optically clear, the sealants offer great protection sometimes without depth of color. Its personal preference. If you don’t like the way it looks, I will be happy to buy your Zaino off you. :slight_smile:

I would go, z5(zfx enabled). Then z2(zfx’d) x2. Just make sure your paint is clean. And really, use zaino sparingly, nice thin coats with the applicator they give you.

And post some pics…Good luck

my neighbor uses it on his vette and it looks amazing. I am too poor to drop the coin on it though :frowning: … good luck with it, its going to look good

wow, good job on that goat… the paint looks killer

You wont be disappointed…if you are, you know who will buy it from you :D. What car are you using it on 9c1ny??

“Optically clear” omgggggg. now we’re entering into Zaino Zealot jargon territory.

Then buy Duragloss from Carquest. It has a similar look.