Who here has used Zaino products?

I was doing some research on how to detail my e30 and I cam across a product called “Zaino”. Has anyon here used it? Apparently there is a whole “Zaino process” when it comes to detailing that I was not aware of.

For reference, here is a post from another site showing results:

Me and a friend of mine Zaino’d our rides and took some pics.Z-6 between all coats
Mothers Claybar
3 coats of Z-5 + ZFX
2 coats of Z-2 + ZFX
Z-8

I would like to see it on older paint. But it looks like a good product.

Zanio is huge with the Fbody people…Butch will have a lot of info

over rated.

I’ve always been amazed that people who used to do a half ass job waxing their car with an all in one product will try Zaino and apply it correctly with many steps and get great results.

if you research on detailing forums like autopia you’ll find that it’s just one of many mid to high end products out there. Their sales structure is horrible and they often don’t say much about why they are better then anything else chemically etc.

People treat it as some sort of hidden gem of a product when the reality is it’s nothing special and just hard to find.

I don’t really like the finish because it has a habit of making things look like they are made out of plastic.

online pictures never really show a product well… I could use some $8 nanowax from autozone and make a car look that good if I used a clay bar and paint cleaner first.

When I was searching for it I found an old school Mercedes that someone detailed. It looked BRAND NEW!!! Im working on trying to find the pic again lol

edit: These are pics of a Corrado with original paint.
Before:

After (same spot):

Whole car done:

most people dont realize, but when they wax polish, they both have what they call “fillers” in them… they basically just fill in the swirls and hide them. once a good wash, it basically washes out and come right back again. if u want a whole description on detailing PM me and ill get back to u later 2nite once i get out of work and visit my mom in the hospital

as for zaino, ive used it, its OK at best… i dont really care for it that much. as for a wax/sealant i look into more of the durability factor than anything. if u want excellent paint, its all in the washing technique… ive detailed my evo only once in the past year and the paint is still flawless

i love my zaino.

you need to prep the paint rather well, but that goes for all detailing. results are GREAT and durability is unmatched. my car hasnt been sealed in many many months, and i bet it still beads up as good as any car out there.

not worth the amount of work involved. My truck was black, I only waxed that once a year with cherry wet wax. I would maintain that after every wash with eagle one wet wipe and shine.

I have used Zaino stuff before too, the shit works awesome IMO. they also do group purchases( thats where i got my hookup!)

looks really beautiful IMO.

zaino is overated. If you want a once a year wax that looks just as good for half the price, and only one application… go buy collinite insulator wax. It is cheap crap that works wonders!

I’ve used it. As a last-step sealant (read: something that’s main purpose is to protect the paint), it gets an B+.

It’s easy to apply but not the most durable sealant I have used. It’s also really expensive. It certainly looks good as far as sealants go.

As a system, eh. They have this polish now. Eh. I don’t know how somebody is to take out moderate swirls with one polish. The clay they sell is the same as any other yellow detailing clay. If it’s cheaper somewhere else, buy that.

One really weird thing that I really can’t understand is this “layering” crap that Zaino users and now 90% of Autopia prescribe to. When I need to apply another layer of wax, my car usually needs more than just a new layer, and most likely a mild cleaner. Do Zaino people really just keep applying new layers frequently? Then how do they know it’s durable!?

Those cars look fairly new in the pictures. I don’t know what I’m supposed to be judging from them.

I’ve been using a mixture of one part Klasse All-In-One to 3 parts Klasse SG on my car for two years now. It works. I’ve also applied Z2 over Klasse AIO. It works.

nanowax looks terrific, it’s just not very durable.

Any car/wax combo can look phenominal in pictures, esp. ones with the contrast and saturation bumped like those.

I could sit here all day and talk about what I like about Zaino but I won’t waste anyone’s time. Use what you like.

For me it is ease of use, shine and durability. Zaino does that for me. To each their own.

Good post. Ditto for me.