The Official Fix Mikes98RT's Truck Meet Thread

i need to kno by tonight if there would be enough people who can 100% commit to come help me sort this thing out. I WILL PROVIDE FOOD but im not 21, so i can;t gaurnetee i can get beer, but i’ll see what i can do :snky:. Id prob want to start working on this friday mornign and continue saturday and sunday if need be. thanks in advance for your readiness to volunteer.

im in for friday at least, i have work at 6pm-12pm but im down for an early start bro. i say use saturday to diagnose and see what is wrong, then go from there, maybe order whatever parts are needed/source parts, and reschedule the full fixin’ for anohter weekend. go post up a want to borrow engine hoist and torgue wrench

http://search3416.used-auto-parts.biz/cgi-bin/search.cgi

ANYONE OF THOSE MOTORS WILL WORK…CALL FOR PRICE

You may want to consider dropping $100 on the FSM now.

i’ll help if I have the time, so most likely after work hours.

i have work on friday from 4-8 so durring the day and then i have off the rest of the weekend.

i start work at 5pm, ill give a hand anytime b4 that on friday
also depents if i know how to get to your place

Ill toss in a hand, mostly on saturday and sunday. I work during the day on weekdays, and well, cant remeber what i d on friday nights but involves alcohol, and lots of it. :beer2: :beer2:

ill help sat or sunday if im around

articzap is coming over tomorrow night and we’re gonna take a look at the injectors and the timing chain (apparently some1 on a Dakota forum had the same problem and it was the timing chain) so we’ll see what comes up from that. if that doesnt turn up anything, then i’ll wait untill friday or saturday and keep on pluging away at it.

i will be working on it from 7:00 or so on tonight if any1 wants to stop over and lend a hand. my # is 359-2865 give me a call.

so what r u doing to the car? ill take a look at it tomorrow if you want lmk

well, i will be working on it durring the day tomorrow. if u look at the other thread, i made some progress i just gotta tighten up a few things tomorrow and hope it runs without the knock. but i have class from 6-10 tomorrow night, so i will be working on it durring the day. if u want to stop by let me kno.

updates??

Fuzzy came over and we drained the oil and found some metal filings in there. so looks like i need rod bearings.

oh man…couple options, i say junkyard motor, even if it onyl runs for a month who cares
its cheap plus gives u time to build ur motor or sell the blown one

weekend job easy. especially with all the help, maybe an afternoon job.

It will most likely be a cheap fix. But we won’t know until that oil-pan get’s pulled, and we get a good look at everything. Sounds like a rod bearing but until then that is just an educated guess until it’s opened up. Also dependant on weither or not the crankshaft was damaged or not.

tomarrow?

if u want to stop over, sure. i dont have an engine hoist, so i dont think theres a whole lot that could be done. but let me know.