The OFFICIAL Gun Thread.

Those are the mold numbers the higher the number the “newer” they are still Pre ban tho

So someone gonna make me actually stop being lazy and post these on ar-15 or NYF for $15 a pop or take the lot of the for $130?

Just ordered a S&W M&P 15 Sport. This will be my first AR, so im kind of pumped right now. No add ons just the bare gun.

After the events today and the comments that Obama made in his speech I wanted to buy one before another AR ban is put into effect. Im pretty damn excited to get my hands on it!

Ill post pics when it arrives.

Nice gun I have the same one.

What’s the average price for a M&P 15? I see S&W has them on their site for like $740 without anything extra, can I expect to pay significantly more at a local dealer?

Why buy new. Look around on nyfirearms lots of good stuff there

has anyone ever made their own hollow point? out of a mass produced round?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMhaSgck6E0[/ame]

this guy just drills out the center and look at the difference in damage.

if anyone can explain this please do.

also heres a test of the pdx1 segmenting slug
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaSNgNhBcUs[/ame]

$700 at oakwood trading post and vetrens gun depot

or if you ever havr to cast some bullets fmj’s are better.

i used to melt down my old rimfire brass and do this. i need a new setup

Im looking at the RRA ar now and the entry level is ~$1000. I wonder how quick these possible new gun restrictions could take place.

buy it while you can. if you have the cash go to local store and buy. you never know what lies ahead. also in most dangerous situtions i would rather have a gun then $1000 in cash

ooooo i think i should add this…obama wants to ban guns for us. not him

if we let this happen its our fault for not saying anything.

stand up for yourself. demand better or less restrictions on the cool stuff

Well that’s how hollow points work. Upon impact, the round expands because of that little air pocket it created hitting the target pushes the sides out. Look at pistol hollow points after they were shot through ballistic gel. They practically double in width, making them much more likely to get the job done.

Check out Dick’s. They have ARs made by Troy Industries which are better than any RRA, Stag, S&W, etc… for the price range. Awesome parts on it too.

Keep in mind that if you’re buying this gun for extremely long lasting durability, make sure the barrels are chrome lined (on the inside) and not just stainless. Stainless is more accurate, but won’t last as long.

I was just about to PM you, lol. thanks^^ Is the chrome lined barrel an option they have at the store? Because I’d rather just “custom” order parts down the line when I’m more knowledgeable. I most likely will not have a chance to shoot a whole lot over the winter anyway… unless we have a crazy end of the world/zombie disaster. haha

Do whatever you can. Parts are flying off of shelves and out of stock very quickly, so if you start building an AR today, you might not have a complete one for months.

All of the Troy AR barrels are chrome lined if I recall. Stag’s are too I think. Mostly anything built to mil-spec should be.

Damn, lol. I might go grab the Troy AR then. My gf is going to kill me, haha. In my defense though, this is her favorite gun and loves to shoot. Perfect excuse “I got it for US hunny”. :lol

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=13369242&ab=ACLN1_Link_Rifles_ModernSporting

$1100.

I stand corrected on the chrome lining though. They’re melonite coated which is actually just as good, if not better.

Just like my M&P 15 Sport

Yup. Those Sports are great for the money. Just wish they had a dust cover on the upper, but a new upper is only ?125-$175.

Yeh I’m looking into snagging a new one soon