The OFFICIAL Gun Thread.

You gonna put it up for sale a month after you buy it?

:lol

NO. :rofl

Rock river for the win.

That new Troy got great reviews also.

Unless $ is an issue I wouldn’t buy a sport but that’s me. I’ve been told that some smiths have plastic parts in the lpk which is lame.

I own multiple rock rivers, a smith, spikes, and some Allstar tacticals. I’m not guessing im telling you the smith is the lowest quality ar that’s been discussed in this whole thread. Not knocking anyone for owning one, because I own one, but I would look at others first. Hell I’d buy a windham weaponry or w.e the company is before I bought a smith again.

If the smith is all you can offord it’ll do what you need it to no doubt but if your looking for some that’s got high quality and still decent price look at a rra, Troy, etc.

I am trying to guage interest in this. Asking $400. Aimpoint m68 m2 sight w/ quick release.

Is it a real aim point?

Yes

Should be a serial number either laser engraved or laser peened into the body. Usually if you post that along with some good pics all around you sell them quick. I just sold a perfect condition Comp ML2 with the QRW mount and 9mm riser for $350 for reference…

I already own one with a larue quick disconnect, just making sure yours is real - not trying to insult you, I just know for a fact that there are a lot of fake ones out there

Someone tell me about Troy AR’s. I’m finally looking to purchase my first AR… debating between 5.56 and .223.

I like Rock River as well, but they are pricey.

My handguns need long range buddiesssssssss

http://cdn2.armslist.com/sites/armslist/uploads/posts/2012/11/30/690103_01_troy_defense_ar15_semiauto_rif_640.jpg

I’m a huge fan of large cal rifles , more knockdown power . In time of distress your aim isn’t gonna be on ! So chances of u hitting the "sweet spots " is down and a large cal will still knock down even in a non prime hit .

Also ,f.w.I.w for those that ain’t got the cash to build or buy a a/r u can buy a high point rifle under $300 u can get em in a 9mm and .40 variations . Yes there cheap god damn they hold up and r accurate . I have sent thousands of ends thru mine with no issues and a great warranty to boot .

Bang for the buck you won’t find a better complete rifle on the market for a similar price.

5.56 vs .223. The difference is in the chamber and the “play” it has(term used just to avoid getting technical) If you have a rifle that shoots 5.56, it’ll shoot .223 without issue. Other way around and sometimes you can have a bomb on your hands.

.223 Wylde chamber on the other hand can shoot 5.56 in most cases. these chambers are a balance between a vigin tight .223 and a NYC hooker loose 5.56 chamber. They’re also found in custom/ precision barrels made to higher standards and stronger materials.

I think I’m going to break down and buy the Sig P556 AR pistol tomorrow, before I can’t.

Usually the gun shop stocks a couple, hopefully they have the P556 SWAT that has the quad rail.

http://cdn2.armslist.com/sites/armslist/uploads/posts/2011/10/31/220584_01_sig_sauer_223_p556_pistol_640.jpg

FML, you and you crazy AR pistols. And here in NY what I wouldn’t give to be able to legally own/use some fucking 20 round PMAGs for fucks sake. Nice clean poly mags.

:lol

I’m sure our Federal laws on gun ownership will change so I’m going to buy it now without being questioned rather than having to go through what you guys in NY do.

I’d love to own a Sig Short Barrel Rifle but I don’t feel like going through that horseshit with the ATF.

Oh fuck yeah, I’d love to SBR the shit out of my GSG too and put a real can on it as well.

And we can’t own a sig AR pistol…it weighs too much :shifty how stupid is that right!!!

So NY has a weight limit on pistols too? Wow lolol.

If you’re ever in Burlington before the US takes a giant shit on guns, swing into the Powderhorn gun shop. I’d say at least 100+ ARs in stock any day of the week. That’s where I bought my AK pistol and everything else. Tons of cool stuff to look at.

Oh no its all good bro. I understand where you are coming from. The things is im just trying to gauge interest. Im buying this gun from a stand up guy and he bought the sight brand new so I know its real. I should be getting the gun next week and when I do ill take some good pics and post them along with other information for everyone.

On a side note ive never bought a gun through private sale. What is the protocol for that? How do I do the ffl with a private sale?

You don’t do anything with an FFL for private intrastate sales of long guns. You meet the guy, give him monies, he gives you gun, maybe an HJ, and then you leave.

Its an AR is that considered a long gun?