The OFFICIAL Gun Thread.

Yes. All rifles and shotguns are long guns.

Thanks for the info! Ill post pics when i get it.

that looks like the kel tec plr16. they are legal in ny

also to boost creep go for the 5.56 if you like the fact rounds are easy to find. but if you want something better go with a 22-250. the ammo cost more but the bullet is so much better. best varmit round imo.

also whats your guys take on barrel length and twist rate for a ar platform in 5.56? looking to shoot 55grain which is the most common i think

with the exception of the short barrels.

i know a serbu short shotgun is not a long gun.

for the most part your right tho

thanks for the info.

I don’t know if you can, but I can’t really find anyone shooting a .22-250 out of an AR with much success if any at all.

Also, 55gr and 62gr is most common in 5.56. The military uses 1:7" twist barrels in 14.5-20" lengths usually for the round, and it stabilizes both bullet weights perfectly fine. If you don’t plan on shooting anything heavier than 62gr, then you’d probably be fine with a 1:9" or 1:8" twist. 1:7" is most common though, and you can shoot up to 75-80gr bullets with ease.

Serbu shotgun is classified as an AOW (Any Other Weapon), and to the best of my knowledge are illegal in NYS, like short barreled rifles and shotguns.

Well within the past few days I have decided to expand/improve my AK collection.

I already have 2, a pre-ban Egyptian Maadi which is perfect, I am going to leave it as is. Looks exactly like this one except mine has the slant brake:

I also have a newish WASR which, while it fires 100% reliably, feels like a sloppy pile of shit. The mags all wobble like crazy, even my thicker Chinese and Bakelite mags wobble a lot and it doesn’t have mag dimples so I think it is ugly.

I bought a new receiver for it and i’m going to reassemble it on a new one. As is its pretty much worthless to me so I should be able to fix all my issues with it that way.

And I have bought a parts kit:

http://pics.gunbroker.com/GB/322415000/322415580/pix567894494.jpg

A 1980’s Romanian kit. Comes with an 80% receiver so I can have it shipped to the door for only like 15 dollars extra but I also bought 2 100% ones that I am actually going to build this and the WASR on. They will look like Romanian AIM-63’s when i’m done, i’ll do one with the forward pistol grip and one with a regular palm swell foregrip:

http://www.trapperindustries.com/akmain/aim%20romanian.jpg

And ill be keeping the 80% for future use. I might buy some more kits, i’m considering building a Hungarian AMD-63 clone and there is an East German kit on Gunbroker I like also.

At any rate this brings me up to 3 good quality AK’s once they are done, rather than one good one and one POS.

Thanks Adam exactly what i was looking for.

Just decided that my new years resolution is to buy an AR chambered in .308, with a 20-24" barrel.

Then you want an AR-10. And you probably want closer to 20", 24" on that would be crazy long.

My father has an Armalite AR-10 with a Trijicon 3X9 scope. I love that thing, can shoot a nickel at 100 yards all day.

Went to the gunshop, all the AR pistols but one with a retarded ass buttstock were sold. Place was insanely fucking busy. Even a State Trooper in there buying shit with his cruiser parked out front lolol

I wish I bought gun stocks!

Hey guys Im now looking for a Saiga, in 7.62. Non Ak converted. No experience with the rifles, but Ive heard they have more issues with 30rnd mags than the WASR.

Just looking for advice, best place to purchase one local/online.

Hi, I want to exercise 2nd amendment rights. Looking for suggestions on .22 semi auto rifle. I like the AR platform, but open to suggestions. A buddy said the Ruger 10-22 is one of the best. Anyone here have one?

I’ve got a 10/22. It’s one of the most popular .22s out there. I’ve had mine for a few years and have had no issues with it. Get one and you won’t regret it, they’re lots of fun and you won’t kill your wallet everytime you go to shoot.

i have one as well, awesome rimfire rifle, fun and cheap to shoot

So i just went on to buds to try and buy another AR and they are out of stock of every AR from any manufacturer that they Carry unreal

I’m considering selling off one of my complete lowers…

which one? I really want a Seekins, but it doesn’t look like they are going to have any available soon. I’m looking for a billet lower if your thinking of selling one of yours.

Not selling a billet… It’s a spikes tactical punisher logo color filled with rra 2 stage trigger and lpk and an m4 style rra stock.