The OFFICIAL Gun Thread.

:rofl

If they made a semi-auto 7.62.x39 based on a Vector platform (or action at least), I’d be all over it. One thing that always bugged me about AR is that clunky bolt-spring mechanism that has to be housed in the stock, despite it being gas operated. AK and most others don’t have that issue.

Wow, you must play call of duty.:Idiots

“I think that’s one of those HK MP5 40 Navy suppressed tactical versions with the fixed composite stock. No way that’s a .22LR”

Pfft…STFU+GTFO is my opinion if you don’t know WTF you’re talking about in this thread. One of the untainted threads in this forum right now, no assumption please.

I couldn’t care less about the AR buffer tube, spring, and buffer being in the stock since we can’t have folding stocks here in NY unless pre-ban, plus nowadays it legitimately is a superior firearm platform. Long gone are the days of the AKs being more reliable given current technology going into the AR.

Gun owners got their shit together lol.

KEEP IT TOGETHER SKIDMARK.

(posts moved ^)

How does AR operate without a buttstock, such as pistol models?

IE this:

http://shop.nordiccomp.com/images/PICT4600.jpg

Is that legal on my preban?

Any AR that’s not a .22 and MAYBE 9mm requires the “buttstock” or at least a buffer tube w/ buffer and spring. Pistol models have shorter buffer tubes, but they’re still there. Otherwise, an AR will not function w/ a folding stock.
While that stock would be legal on your preban as long as it meets minimum overall length (26") requirements, but would not function.

Also: You can have a folding stock on a semi-auto as long as it cannot fire from the folding position, pre or post ban.

Depends on the purpose, IMO - as far as one being superior to the other that is. Since I don’t shoot anything deadlier than paper to me it boils do to cost of ownership and looks. The stock bugs me as an esthetic/engineering issue more than than anything else :lol

Since I don’t know either I figure asking couldn’t hurt - how do you guys tell that it’s a 22 by just that one picture? There must be some giveaway, but I don’t know enough about small calibers to find it.

Most AR pistols use a proprietary stubby bolt carrier and an accompanying stub buffer in the upper itself to get the no buffer tube look… Others use a slightly shorter carrier with a short tube/buffer/spring setup(like the one cossey posted a picture of)

Essentially the pistols short stroke and they require fine gas system tuning to function correctly. Some guys have actually been hand loading subsonic .223/5.56 rounds and running suppressed with epic results in that setup :slight_smile:

Is that stock legal on your preban…yes as long as your barrel is at least 16" breech to muzzle which also maintains the 26" min OAL.

That’s Adams gun.

Yeah that’s my GSG-522 that I did more custom modifications to than most people have off-shelf aftermarket parts on their AR-15’s. There are subtle differences between an actual MP5K/40 and a GSG to tell them apart. Same with those M249/G36/xxxxx skin and stock conversions used for the 10-22 guts. Hence why I get a little ticked in this thread when people perk up with stupid know-it/no-fucking-way type comments before doing some research or just plain looking at the damn firearm a bit(coughskidcough).

Love me my GSG. Best thing JVG ever sold :rofl

I think he was referring to the other monstrosity above…

However new subject.

:ahh

Just found myself my next purchase

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fACB3g9cc4[/ame]

{probably illegal in NY) :rofl

Since I have to buy a handgun to get my pistol permit in NY I just bought one today.

http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/images/images-by-title-name/Hi-Power-Mark-III-MID-051001-m.jpg

It’s a 1977 FN/Browning Hi-power in 9mm. It isn’t the one in the pic obviously, looks exactly the same though. It looks like it basically sat in someones safe since it was made and I only paid $600 for it including 4 13rd magazines.

Cant wait for my pistol permit stuff to go through now. I’ve heard from most people that Washington County doesn’t take too long. Hopefully I get it all set by spring.

And I got both my AK kits in the mail, just have to wait for the barrels from Green Mountain Barrels to come. I want to get those put together by spring too.

they aren’t, i have one.

Seeing that almost everywhere is sold out, would this be a good buy?
What I want to be able to do: mount sight/flashlight (or green laser)/ bi-pod

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ar-15-05/complete-uppers/psa-6-8-hf-t12-madness-16-mid-length-chf-stripped-upper-without-bcg-or-charging-handle.html