The OFFICIAL Gun Thread.

SKS’s are fun to shoot, never jam up or anything, get the big mag for them and it looks bad ass :rofl

Also, my friend is looking for a reliable and well supported company that makes AR’s. He also wants to gadget it up as well.[/quote]

I’m very happy with my S&W, but I’m not going crazy modding it.

I’m very happy with my S&W, but I’m not going crazy modding it.[/QUOTE]

M&P15?

I need mo4r guns!

sks’s are very reliable and fun to shoot. not the most accurate but not all that bad, i had a 12" pattern at 70yds standing up freehand

M&P15?[/quote]

Yes I have an M&P 15 chambered in 5.56 nato with a medium 16" barrel. Overall I’m very happy with it. (I bought the combo from gander that has a flat top upper and an eotech holo sight)

Yeah, he has the 22 version. And he has contemplated on the real one.

I love my sks. Its always a blast to shoot and has never let me down.

So what does everyone use for hearing protection? I had a chance to use some electronic earmuffs the other day and really liked them.

I currently just use disposable and re-usable ear plugs.

What?

i hate ear muffs esp using a rifle with any type of scope I just use the reusable shop plugs or disposable ones.

Big +1. Earmuffs are really only useful, IMO, for shooting pistols. With most rifles, the earmuff will rest against the stock when you’re shooting, which restricts positioning and prolly creates more noise than it cancels lol.

So stick with my disposable orange ear plugs eh?

Yep, they’re boss. They make electronic plugs as well that cancel out all noises over XX dB, but I know they’re not cheap. Nice though if you don’t wanna tae your earplugs out for normal conversation, although it does feel nice if you’ve had them in a while lol.

roffle

This is one of those weeks I wish I had money. :frowning:

Want Ad has a lot of interesting stuff in it.

I’d still like another 1911.

trying to find a kimber 1911 myself

I wasn’t impressed by my Kimber, thats why I sold mine. I’d like to buy a Nighthawk or Wilson. Maybe someday.

The Kimber I had was a TLE/RL II in stainless (.45). Appearance wise it looked great, I just wasnt a fan of how it felt like I would have to put 500+ rounds through it to make it loosen up.

finished one today, i had a bunch of stuff laying around