The "Oil Prices" thread.

why do i get the feeling we are funding the production of a man made island off the cost of dubai ??

the last time you filled up, they bought a Gold Paperweight.

its only $3.11 here

Apr. 16, 2008 (Thomson Financial delivered by Newstex) – Oil rallied to new record highs, moving close to $115 per barrel in New York, after the Energy Information Administration (EIA) said United States crude oil inventories fell unexpectedly last week after a large drop in imports.

i’m all for it…higher oil goes…the more my 401k goes up :smiley:

3.58 for 87 in boston,ny :frowning:
3.80 for 93

now today it went up to 3.66 for regular… 3.90 for 93. yummy

I saw 3.73 in buffalo tonight for 87. yucky

3.30 in VA

3.21 yesterday down here in FL at Costco, every other place is 3.40ish

3.51 in greece last night

4.09 NYC for 93…it’s here already…

117.60 a barrel today.

$5 a gallon is whats gonna happen.

hurray for my XOM shares.

Wanna make a wager on that? $50 says we don’t see $5/gal regular unleaded here in WNY in 2008.

Most indications are that the dollar has hit rock bottom and has started to recover. The fed will probably make a 1/4 point cut at their next meeting and then hold, which should cause the dollar to start climbing. EU economists are signaling they are going to have to start cutting rates as well, which will also help the dollar. The dollar has been gaining on the Yen and started gaining on the Euro at the end of last week.

As the dollar climbs oil will go down.

I’ll bet a tank of gas that we don’t break $4.50 for regular.

anyone got the balls to short oil at $117? no risk, no reward…

Jay you must realize that the average person crying about the oil prices has no clue about why or what drives the prices up. They just think there is some really mean guy somewhere that keeps raising the price or something. Over the next six months the dollar will gain a ton of strength as we have IMO hit bottom like you said. Last weeks reports were all blood red for the most part but only to the tune of about 1/3 the injury that was reported last quarter.

You mean to say Dick Cheney doesn’t set the price of oil so his oil buddies can make extra profits?

Why do you guys think that the dollar has hit its “low”, and why would you think that an interest rate cut will bolster the USD?

I also don’t think we’ll see $5/gallon regular this summer baring some catastrophic event, but I don’t see bbl prices going south anytime soon either.

They almost invariably blame George Bush. :blah: