The "Oil Prices" thread.

so they raised the price 45% in a 2 months span. jesus :picard:

Actually it is more than 45%.:stuck_out_tongue:

50%

But the article doesn’t say “everything.”

That oughta help.

This will bring a tear to your eye. Fucking shit was $14 per barrel 10 years ago.
http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/international/crude2.html

^I saw a guy the other night on cnn or whatever and I swear he said we aren’t even getting the “light sweet crude” oil we used to.
In other words it is lower quality and requires more refining. (maybe)
Anyone know anything about this?

Yeah I don’t understand what most of that shit means from the first link lol.

$137 a barrel is INSANE!!!

It means our dollar’s getting gooder so we’ll be able to buy 3 oils with one dollar instead of just 2 oils for one dollar.

i just got back from a week in florida- gas was $3.87 there.

lol I said I didn’t completely understand the concept of what they were speaking of…never said I was stupid lol. Yeah I heard that the US dollar is getting stronger again.

Oil reached $140 a barrel for the first time ever Thursday following reports that Libya may cut production and an OPEC official said crude could hit $170 a barrel this summer.

It would start falling big time tomorrow if they’d just pass one of those damn anti-speculation bills.

I don’t understand why it’s even being debated. In 2000 only 37% of oil contracts were being purchased by people who didn’t accept delivery. Today that number is 70%. There is a fundimental flaw with how we’re dealing with oil.

Yes the flaw was not getting it while its HOT! lol imo too late to jump in now. Hell if I was going to buy soon I would be buying shorts and hold them. But I am also insane. :shoot:
But for real this shit has to get under control. If they approved the anti speculation and maybe some off shore drilling we would INSTANTLY be in much better shape. It actually baffles me the way this is being handled. :tif:

:stuck_out_tongue: :beer:

there is a shortage in supply, deal with it.

you must be retarded… read the thread and try again <3

http://in.reuters.com/article/businessNews/idINIndia-34206220080624

one of many.

fry
gooder?
LOL

:thankyou:

Offshore drilling, if approved today, wouldnt be any benefit til 2030. we’re stuck looking to other options to solve the current crisis.

This countrys retarded.
Offer 300 million (or was it billion) to someone who can build a battery to power the cars of tomarrow.

How about they step in and say You sell your oil for 60$ a barrel in america or you dont sell it at all.
A little bit of something is better than alot a bit of nothing.