The "Oil Prices" thread.

Says the camaro owner with a .6XX lift cam and hugeee gears :smiley:

I see what you are trying to say but i am not the one that is complaining of the gas prices. If i cared about the gas prices i would drive sometning else or drive less. I know you were just poking fun(you fag) but the glove dosent fit asshole!!! :wiggle:

So should I sell my 69 Camaro because I donā€™t need to cruise with it or show it? Itā€™s not a necessity, but it is a hobby. But the point is why are we paying over $1.00 more for a gallon of gas than we were paying last year? With no end in sight for it to drop in price. Then the trickle down effect to everything else like food, etc.

And my paycheck isnā€™t increasing at the same rate either. :uhh:

I was trying to come up with something, you beat me to it. blast.

Those are choices that you make, and we have to assume you make these choices while aware of the fuel costs.

And, why are we paying more? Because the dollar is worth shit.

Truth.

If the dollar were even with the Euro like it used to be oil would be $69/barrel.

Youā€™re buying an international commodity with a currency that is worth jack shit internationally right now.

And because itā€™s an election year and all the feds are looking for are short term improvement itā€™s not going to get any better. Rate cuts = low dollar, and theyā€™re still hinting at more rate cuts.

We just need to invade one of these huge oil producing countrys and take their oilā€¦its the American thing to do.

Yea thats what i saidā€¦ Or that if you cant afford it and its that big of a deal you could consider other alternatives. Do you think i am an advocate of high priced oil HAHAHAHA. All i said was that there are other means to combat the problem but if simply being upset and bitching about issues is how you solve problems then go ahead. Its just not how i solve mine.

My vote is for Venezuela. Columbia is an ally right next door, itā€™s not that far from the US, weather is pretty nice, and ā€œthe state of Venezuelaā€ has a nice ring. :slight_smile:

You know where there is oil, and they donā€™t even have an army?

A L A S K A

INVADE ALASKA NOW!

Waitā€¦ Wat?

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.

Bros sorry but im not fucking invading Alaska its too fucking cold there. Besides they would throw iceballs, not much is worse then getting blasted by an iceball.

but think of all the eskimo pies!

http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/15/80/23268015.jpg

And $2/gal 147 octane gas!

By the time we end up tapping into Alaska for the oil, itā€™s not going to be worth anything since weā€™ll have more of an alternative fuel available. At least based on what they are trying to push us towards. Itā€™s almost like we are banking on the oil for the future of our economy.

Joe - do you have any timelimes as to when alternative options be 100% viable & marketable?

No clue. But isnā€™t that ā€œtheirā€ goal to get us off our dependency of oil?
I mean, I could give you a timeline, but Iā€™d be less accurate than the local weatherman :wink:

Iā€™m just pissed off at the cost of oil and everything else nowadays :shoot:

We Really need to get on with ThermalDepolymerization

I donā€™t know if youā€™re being sarcastic, so: are You really quoting Wikipedia?

I know I knowā€¦ just saying.

Ethanol is more damaging overall then Oil isā€¦ and will make your groceries more expensive (regardless of the Dollars value).

Not too mention that I think Big Oil could get oil out of Alaska more quickly then they could ethanol into every pump in the nation. But I dunno the exact numbers off hand.