The old car scene [split]

02/03 the prime of the local car era

That went for this area too. Surrounding years of 03 (2003 to 2005) were the best. EVERYONE went out, there was no facebook to keep everyone inside, no one had kids yet lol. We used to hang out every night of the week if it was above 40* out. Those were the days.

I’ll never forget going to Judgement Day and thinking to myself “The show is on the street? Holy shit thats awesome”

I was there brah.

Had my Cosmos E36 M3 then.

so fun

I brought my 65’ chrysler new yorker with gold wire 20’s. lol. i miss that car.

Yep I was 14 tagging along with my brother and his friends. It’s unreal how much like a scene out of the F&F it was around here, and IIRC not as much bullshit as now…

Ahh well itll peak again at somepoint

good times back then.

packing the car wash lot so full of cars you couldnt get in or out.

02-05 was the re-peak… seems to be 10-15 year cycles… sooooo…

I remember coming home from the military just after the peak of this era. I remember the groups like APG and SWAT although I was not a member nor did I think I was allowed to join with a stock looking GTP. It was a good time then when people used to cruise the avenue from Downtown Albany all the way to State St. Schenectady.
You could find a race just about anywhere after 11pm. Route 7, Central Ave, Route 20, Route 9, all used to be awesome cruise routes. Some of the most fun I had was when we all drove 13 - 14 second cars.

I used to hang out at the lot for a while, drive down to the car washes on central where there was always people hangin out, maybe grab a wash or a burger from Wendy’s, then do a loop downtown with multiple shenanigans and stop back up at the lot around 2am in time for some real racing.

I think a lot of what happened from my perspective was most of my friends getting to drinking age where they rather be at a bar getting drunk and turned down by skanks then partaking in the automotive scene.
I have seen more of a loss in communication between myself and my closer friends. Nobody calls anymore and says “hey, wanna meet at car wash in 10min” Oh well. Guess its all part of growing up. LoL

I remember meeting you at the lot for the first time back then too as a matter of fact. I think that was the first time I mustered up the balls to pull in and say hi! :skid

I used to LOL when Hot Import Hoffmans was so full you couldn’t even get a car through the lot. :rofl

In all honesty, I think the few years here has matured the regulars quite a bit. Many of us are married or engaged. Most of us grew out of the “Run your mouth like that and ill beat your ass” childish shit. John hasnt punched anyone in quite a while! lol. More and more people here have become “friends” outside shift. There is alot going on for the better IMO.

I am looking forward to this season. More so than any other season thus far… and I dont even have a car for myself to run yet.

This might bring back some memories

I plan on being out an about more this year.

Carfgging was awesome when it was at the hoffmans carwash by ralphs and ay mcdonalds, those were the dayzzzzzzz esp when fayz (where moes is) used to have pretty good size carshows on the regualrrrrrrr

:frowning: Such easier times.

i was only around in 07-08 it was pretty, bad filled with dumb ricans, usually always a fight, cops rolling in
then when that got stopped they all went to johnstown and ruined that. wish i was older to be out in the hayday

Judgement Day was the BEST

yessss fayssss :rofl

I think i still have a trophy somewhere from that, 3rd place classic car or something like that… lol