How many old school cats still around

I see a lot of younger guys on these forums nowadays. Who here used to hang out at all the old spots about 6-7 years ago? Places like the car wash, kmart parking lot and DD in scotia. Those were the days when any nice night during the summer had a lot full of cars and bullshitting till early morning was common. Autocross lots were full and we had better/bigger tracks then we do now. This weather is really giving me cabin fever :wave

I was around then but i was only 16 or 17 and i had a raised Toyota truck blk with front and rear visors nice in its day . i remember back in the day when no regrets car club was always fighting with max ground when none of them really had nice cars lol .

If your referring to the Hoffmans car wash across the street from Ralph’s in Colonie I used to frequent there alot and at the Kurver wayyyyy back in the day. This is like 10 years ago, I was 15 so I always kinda tagged along with someone.

When I was 16 I had the silver CRX with the Wings West full body kit

how many of you remember untamed customz and poorboyz…whips?.. the OG car clubs when it was cool to be in one. hanging at clifton country mall, the car shows at northern lights, just the weekly car club cruises all over the capital district. hanging at kurver, the wash, kmart lot, dd in scotia… mcdonalds in saratoga with below average and maximum ground after that… ive been around the scene since i was 18… ill be 26 in july…the good old days man…

I used to hang out with some of the guys that ran ORC and some of the guys in Whips too. Those were the days. I don’t ever remember half the drama that now exists at these local get togethers. I refuse to go and hang out at them anymore. It went to shit after 2002.

I was around back then, its shocking how much things have changed, not many of the guys who were around when I got into are still around. Either moved away, grew up or the fad of cars lost its cool. I remember the days when you’d hear cars “bassing” many times a day as their driving down the road, now I sometimes go weeks with out hearing it and if I do its usually on a roach. Love them or hate them APG had a big influence on this area with the custom car scene, when they left it was the end of an era. The world of car audio has changed to monitors and gaming systems instead of big amps and lots of subs, not to mention factory systems getting a lot better in a very short period of time. Movies like F&F and Gone in 60 Seconds marked the pinnacle of the custom car days, now its unfashionable, SUVs and big trucks are the new cool, lowered trucks have all but vanished. The only folks left from the old days are those with a love of automobiles, not of trends. As Bob Dylan said “the times, they are a’changin”

Do you remember “whop shop?” where the o’s were tachs and slanted so they looked like they were going fast. We’ve probably ran into each other at some point, we’re the same age and have been around the same circles.

my cousin mike robichaud was one of the few that started poorboyz…most of them arent even involved in it anymore.

you know, i hadnt even thought about poorboyz for the longest time and i was in stillwater a couple weeks ago and saw josh coons old blue vw gti… that car has always been pure secks :bowdown… as far as whop shop… i cant say i remember them…but thats probably from one too many drinks from the tap :wink:

Thats completely true.

I remember all the old car clubs, whips, poorboyz, no regrets, hot wheels…so many came and went. APG was a really small shop combined with car sales. I remember buying intakes, cd decks and blue headlights from them in 97-98. Todd and Jim opened up ORC where resnicks mattress is now. Nemo had that shop over on western ave for a short time. Stereos, body kits, clear lights were huge and boomer had the spl show in their back lot.

I’m younger than most, but I remember APG’s Judgement day shows, those were so sick. I have some polaroids of the 01? show from when I was like 12-13.

My gothic friend Pete and I in front of a crazy Del Sol.
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/820/apg1ro9.jpg

Skyline GT-R. I wet my pants over this back then
http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/3935/apg2nd1.jpg

thats all the pics I’ve got until I find more.

wow, yeah ur young… my 2nd car was away being built during that show… and a buddy of mine took 1st in import other at it… i was like 21 i think @ that show

lol at all those car clubs. some of the cars were an absolute joke. :crackup

A buddy of mine was in poorboyz, i was like 12 and i can remember his chevy Xtreme and how i thought it was the sickest shit :lol… bagged, 22’s, ps2, tv’s, rag top. custom seats

X2, I’ve been hangin out with Travis that whole time… I miss those days

yeah, theres a select few of us left matt… you, me, premo (pootmasterflex for those of you that dont know him)… i saw chachi the other day for the first time in years…oh… and hes not in the scene anymore matt, but morizio contacted me on myspace… i know assmann is still into his mini truckin…damn we r gettin too old for this shit.

^^^how old are you?^^ I’m 35 and remember long before any of the lots, anyone here know Jeremy Baye? Or the original poor boys crew from 94’ - 98’…those kids and they’re damn trucks.

Im 23 and remember some of this stuff when I was in HS. 94-98 was alittle before my time. We dont have the car clubs in this area like we used to. Its kinda sad to think about that era coming to an end. You dont see as many custom show cars thats for sure. Hopefully this is the begining of a new era

You know Jeff Jones?? '98(i think) white Chevy Xtreme. I don’t know if he was an original from '94-'98 but i know he was around in '99 and '00, iirc

Yea I know Jeremy Baye. He used to have a 92 or 93? RHD Civic hatch. He’s still in the area. He builds hot rods now.

I’m also good friends with Matt Clark. He had that Grand Am that was green with that really crazy paint job down the side of it done by Neils, bagged, like 3,000 tv’s, every game console and a ridiculous system in it. He took a huge loss on that car when he sold it to locally someone and re-located to South Carolina. He’s been out of the scene ever since.

Most of the people I hung out with way back are out of the scene now.