The proud owner of a 300zx if i can ever find a decent deal!

Hi guys and girls, just joined the Toronto Nissan Club today. My previous car was a camaro which got destroyed by a firetruck, and now ive been coaxed to the dark side of import cars! :smiley: Ive been looking to buy a non-turbo 300zx for awhile now. My friend referred me to the site, (Mikey, the guy with the white widebody s15). I have been searching alot of classifieds and forums for a good deal on a 300zx and so far have either come up with big prices on twin turbos or decent prices on automatics. GRRRR, damn autos!!!:mad: Just saying Hi to everyone, hopefully we’ll be having more reasons to talk in the near future. Also does anybody have any suggestions on where to look for a good 300zx or else what to look for when viewing used 300’s? Thanks for all the help and suggestion guys and girls. See you out on the roads…hopefully!:drivin

Grod

welcome! and mikey’s car is an s14! but it is sexy… even if it is an s14. s13 ftmfw

welcome welcome…

check those links :

i donno if u’re interested in an old version…but take a look at this special baby

good luck in your search…!:slight_smile:

Welcome to TNC!

Hey welcome to the site…good luck on ur search

Welcome, and good luck on your search. I spent almost half a year sorting through rusty/abused shitboxes to find mine and it wasn’t easy getting it when I found it. I actually bought a 2+2 on ebay in New York right before I bought this one. Went down to see it and everything, but then I saw mine and just fell in love.

This one has been on sale on trader for a LONG time. Not sure what’s wrong with this, but my ex-gfs friend was looking to buy a car like mine a couple months ago. Then she realized the practicality involved and decided to go another route.

Z31s are sexy
THIS ONE IS A SHIRO EDITION!! If you’re interested, look it up the net and you’ll be amazed by it’s specs.
Extremely low import numbers. Have to watch out for replicas though.
Easiest thing to tell it apart. Jack up the rear end and spin the rear wheels. If the other wheel spins the opposite direction of the one you’re turning (Open diff) it’s not a real Shiro and either walk away or bargain the price down.
All other Z31s from factory were open diff and only the Shiros were VLSD

Thanks for correcting me Cal-Soy, i realized after that it was the s14. Isnt the new japanese silvia the s15 or am i just really new to nissan’s? lol. Yea, im all about the 90-96 300zx’s. Not sure what the gen. is called though. Also whats the longevity of the 300’s engine? I see alot for sale with close to 200,000km, i was always under the influence that high milage like that should be avoided. I know a well maintained car can last as long as you take care of it, but when should i be shying away from cars because of the high milage?

The 90-96 is the Z32. The 84-88 is the Z31
The engine is just like any other car engine in reliability. It’s just that young kids get it, think they’re the shit and beat the living shit out of the engine with hard unknowing driving to show off. They get non-stop tickets and can’t afford the insurance then have to sell it because Mommy won’t stand for paying such high numbers yearly. They don’t want to pay gas and maintenance so they run it dry and/or never do an oil change while doing all this and the car gets f&#$ed

yea, i have no intrest in street racing and dont drive recklessly so i think im good. Ive been driving for the last 5 years with no tickets or accidents that were my fault. (Firetruck destroyed my car and admitted the fault). I understand that the engine’s longevity will depend on the previous owner. However, should i be waiting for a z32 with a little over 1xx,xxxkms or would there be any point in buying one with 200,000km even with a responsible owner? Thanks pcproa for all the help by the way!

There are times in a cars like when you can get away with certain things. The ideal is that you buy it right before it’s major maintenance points so at least you have time to change those major components. Drive the car and see what needs to be done. The most important ones on a Z32 are every 60000km for the timing belt, and every 120000km for water pump, etc.
There’s really no way to exactly judge based on KM for a car like this. Things just break out of the blue (Part of the reason why it’s an impractical, temperamental car)
The engine is always a weak variable. It can break at 20,000K or 200,000K. You can only really tell based on how the car drives, the condition, user history and the seller themselves.
I can only tell you that I’ve never had to buy a car with such a mixed pot. I could only trust my judgment and that of my fathers to get a clean car. A true father/son effort with miles of patience.
If we both end up at the next meet I’ll explain it all to you.

True, ya i have done alot of researching on websites like carsurvey.org reading about problem areas with the z32’s. There are a lot of people saying how there car is very reliable, a lot less people are complaining about the car. But i guess it really does depend on the previous owner and therr maintenance and driving style. Luckily my father is also very helpful when looking at used cars. He likes to come with me and provide a second opinion. Hopefully i can make it out to a nissan meet and get a better look at a Z32. I actually havnt really been able to go and look one over yet. How often and where do u have the nissan events?

http://www.torontonissan.ca/forums/showthread.php?threadid=1719

theres actually a meet next weekend on the 5th

AND!!!
If you look at the signup list, it seems like a lot of 300s are gonna be at this one
One in almost every available colour?

ya, i have been doing alot of research on such sites as carsurvey.org reading about z32’s. More people are saying their reliable then the people complaining. However, i guess it does ultimatly depend on the previous owner’s maintenance and driving style. Im also lucky that my dad has an interest in cars and usually comes with me to give me a second opionion. I would like to come to a nissan meet to actually look over a Z32 because ive actually never went and looked at one yet. :S Where and when do u guys host these? Looking forward to meeting you all and your cars!

yea sorri for the double post i didnt see the thread went to a next page and i was thinkin my post didnt get entered. I am gonna try and make it to the may 5th meet. However, its a close friend’s birthday that day but hopefully il make it there. Il be driving the green subaru station wagon with no hubcaps!!! oh ya!!! mayb il come in my buddies fiero, either way im gonna try and be there. so ya if some random dude comes up and starts asking you about your Z32 its probably me! lol

welcome t the forums bro…!

always grad to see z32 owners on the board

welcome to the boards.

:X
http://www.terra2imports.ca/ab-listings.php?model=300ZX
:X