The Rebirth of an MK3 Supra

I traded away some of my performance items to get this…

Compression on this motor is 149-155 so I was pleased about that.

So the plan for now is to pluck this motor out of the beat '87 body and drop it in my '89 and drive it mildly modded for most of the coming summer and either sell the car at that point or finish the fully machined engine I have sitting around and go for some moderate power.

As soon as I find a garage to work out of progress will begin…

:bsflag: I know I know :lol:

Thats awesome! How many miles on said good motor? Whats the plans for the red shell afterwards?

106 on the bottom end…around 10k on the head.

The head has a 5angle valve job…oversized valves…2mm metal HKS headgasket and ARP studs.

I would like to part a bunch of it to get $ back out of it but I would consider selling it all for the right price. It is pretty beat tho.

yeah i saw this sitting outside this morning on the way to work… :tup:

and best…sig…ever…

Its all for you big guy :xoxo:

nice

:tup:

I really want to see this car when its up and running!!

HAWT im such an import slut now wtf is going on here.

awesome, good plan

you’ll probably make most of your money back for the purchase of the parts car once you start parting it out too.

good plan for the summer, mine is similar. get it running good, looking nice, and fix it when it breaks, mildly modded. nothing crazy

what trannies do you have? any for sale?

Brian

I have both R154s and one of them will possibly be for sale when all is said and done.

For those that don’t know the history of this car with me.

Day it came home

http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29827&highlight=introducing

Motor Saga
http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31876&highlight=supra

Nice Kyle, give me a holler if you want an extra hand :slight_smile:

O I will be in touch for sure :slight_smile:

Hmmm…what are u doing with the old engine??

Gonna see exactly what the problem is and go from there with the engine currently in the silver car.

Alright alright :tup:

Cool man, good plan…

Stick with it!

What condition is the fan shroud in, from the beat up 87? Mine is busted.

Update…

Moved the 2 MK3’s into my bomb ass garage today…PITA in the snow…but I did drive the red one down. GSX was generous enough to tow the silver car.

Pics:

Still have to shuffle them around a bit to work on them but atleast they are in there.

Still have to move a certain bags car in and some tools and a compressor and then work will begin…woot.