The Root Beer Cruise Comes to Albany

Hey,

The Root Beer Cruise is a car cruise that usually happens every year in the Utica area. We attempted to run it a few weeks ago, and got rained out about 10 miles into it so we have decided to try it again but in Albany on Saturday, July 25th.

We will be meeting at Thatcher Park at 12pm, leaving at 1pm, on a course around Albany, to East Greenbush, and back over all the way to Scotia where we will end at Jumpin Jacks. The course is already set, I’ll post the directions in the next day or so. It is always a good time, two weeks ago we had about 60 cars. We will lose people because it is in Albany this year, but I hope a bunch of you guys here will want to go.

We will make a stop or two on the way so people can catch up if they get stuck in a light. More details to come.

It’s a fun trip and we will be taking pics and video during the cruise and posting it as well. There are only a few rules.

1. NO Booze please- we’ve stayed out of trouble that way and intend to keep it that way.

2. No passing on one lane roads- we will be mostly on 2 lane roads so this wont be a huge issue, but we don’t want anybody getting hurt.

I’d like to get a tally of who is coming from Shift, so please let me know who is down.

-Ken

PS- Bikes welcome

sounds good , how many people usually show up to this cruise, outside of what your expecting from shift ?

We had 60 show a few weeks ago, that was in utica with a forcast of rain. The year before we had close to 100. We’d like to get that number again, it was awesome. We will lose a few pple who don’t want to drive from utica to Albany. I’m hoping Shift will represent well here. The Utica car guys are really great to hang with, so it’ll be good to bring them here to meet the shift crew.

Hmm, def. gonna keep this in mind. Might actually attend!

Guys, it would be great to actually meet some of you!! I’m sure some of you remember me trying to get a bunch of you to the last few Rootbeer Cruises.

We brought it down here to Albany this time to get a change of scenery. Hopefully at least a few of you can attend.

+1

And it would be nice to put some names with faces.

Here is the directions for the route we are taking on the cruise. Thatcher Park start, ending at Jumpin Jack’s. Who doesnt love sliders!

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=John+Boyd+Thacher+State+Park&daddr=New+Scotland+Rd%2FNY-85+to:Delaware+Turnpike%2FNY-443+to:Delmar+Bypass%2FNY-32+to:Southern+Blvd%2FUS-9W+to:I-787+N+to:I-787+Conn+to:US-20%2FUS-9+to:Columbia+St%2FUS-20%2FUS-9+to:Columbia+Turnpike%2FUS-20%2FUS-9+to:Columbia+Turnpike%2FUS-20%2FUS-9+to:Park+Ave+to:Columbia+Turnpike%2FUS-20%2FUS-9+to:I-787+N+to:I-787+N+to:I-787+N+to:42.822343,-73.957086&hl=en&geocode=FQbMigIdOsCW-w%3BFejqiQIdhg-X-w%3BFWDdiQIdISiY-w%3BFZIaigId_XSZ-w%3BFZiPigIdQkaa-w%3BFdyNigIdnDya-w%3BFYjQigIdQXua-w%3BFb6gigIdLLGa-w%3BFTiBigIdXL-a-w%3BFfZTigId9OSa-w%3BFVIqigIdHwub-w%3BFePiiQId0GSb-w%3BFbW_iQIdBYub-w%3BFV0iiwIdggKb-w%3BFfxkiwIdezWb-w%3BFVKyiwIduVib-w%3B&mra=dme&mrcr=0&mrsp=16&sz=17&via=1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15&sll=42.822099,-73.954425&sspn=0.003344,0.009624&num=10&ie=UTF8&ll=42.707669,-73.919449&spn=0.428875,1.231842&t=h&z=10

who all is going to do this? i have a party to go to on saturday but if enough people are doing this cruise i will just go to the party later in the evening.

soooo anyone else from Shift doing this? Supposed to be reall nice tomorrow

working, god damn.