2nd "bi" Annual Root Beer Cruise

Hey guys… I’m new to this forum, but I used to live in Albany… prolly have met a few of you. My name is Kornel and I drove a 98 Eclipse GSX… like I said, few of you have probably seen it. I live in Little Falls now and I’m between “toys” right now because I’m buying a house.

We’re in the planning process of our 2nd (possibly bi-) Annual Root Beer Cruise. Last year we held it on the 14th of July and had about 30+ cars make it to the cruise!! The clubs involved were CNY Concepts, NADS, and Overboostn. An M3 from Utica showed up with a Magna charged LS6 swap, a 10 second 1st gen DSM showed, as well as a bunch of other notable cars. Everyone had a great time!

The way we set it up was, the first group met in Herkimer at a certain time, then we drove out to Utica and met up with the next group, then on to Rome to meet with the rest of the people. The name “root beer cruise” came from us finally meeting at the A&W Restaurant in Oneida.

It ended up being a great time and people said that wanted to do something like this again, so we are starting the planning process again.

As of right now, here is what we have…

Current involved clubs:
CNY Concepts (www.cnyconcepts.com)
NADS (www.nadsny.com)
Overboostn / V8 Smokers (www.overboostn.com)
Full Tilt Crew - Bike club (www.myspace.com/cnyfulltiltcrew)

Current meeting locations: No solid dates and times set

1. Herkimer Walmart
  2. Utica Riverside Mall or Big Lots parking lot
  3. Rome Lowes
  4. FINISH - either Delta Lake or Verona Beach State Park

Last year all we did was meet up at the locations, hung out for a bit, took pictures, then drove to the next spot. We finished up at the A&W restaurant in Oneida, then went back to Rome to hang out with the muscle car guys that have their weekly car show there.

This year sounds way better so far. Since their was so much interest last year, and even more of an interest to do it again because everyone heard how much of a good time it was, we decided to make it a little bigger. Rather than going to a restaurant, we are going to end up at one of those state parks and have a big BBQ, with Root Beer, on ice! lol

As of right now, we have about 30+ bikes and that, or more cars pretty much ready to go.

So I’m basically extending out the invitation to everyone down in Albany to try and make it out to our cruise. It was a great time last year, but would be WAY more fun with more people.

If you would like more information, so far www.nadsny.com seems to be the place where most of the planning is going on.

Anyway, thanks for reading, and hopefully I’ll hear from some of you about attending!!

~Kornel~

I’ll attend and cover the event, date pending.

Who’s in charge of the whole thing?

Myself and B18CEJ8 are planning the whole thing. We pretty much run CNY Concepts… we’re from Herkimer/Little Falls area.

Great to hear you’re coming!! We’ll keep everyone posted with more solid dates and times once we hear back from the state parks as to what we can get for group rates. Some new news… we just shot out an email for shits 'n giggles to A&W to see what they would do for the event too!! Maybe throw in some t-shirts or something… maybe some cases of Root Beer… lol

I’ll be riding shotty with probably a few different people filming with my hi def cam as well as my Nikon D200… so we’ll have plenty of pics and video for everyone. We also have a bunch of other people taking pics too… so hopefully with enough help, we’ll get a TON of coverage to try to get to everyone that attended.

I was talking coverage for the Shift518 newspaper, although if you get some good shots, I’ll throw those in as well.

Herkimer/Littlefalls - beautiful area. I’d meet you guys down there just to hit the Illion Gourge. As a matter a fact if the weather is good I could get a dozen bikers to go with me there just to hit that route.

What is CNY concepts exactly? A&W?

Oh, good to know :thumb

We don’t have those in motherland :motherland

i’d be interested in this. :nod

Hey guys…

We’ve got pics of last year’s cruise on our MySpace page: http://www.myspace.com/cny_concepts.

Was definitely a blast, and I’m hoping for bigger & better this year.

CNY Concepts is a car club we originally got started in the year 2000… we’ve had quite a few cars come and go. We also came and went one time… but this is sort of our way to come back in with a big bang… just like last year.

To keep all the official information until I get a website up… I created a myspace page. www.myspace.com/rootbeercruise Add us, and stay up to date! This year is going to be awesome, hopefully some of you guys from Albany can make it!

Sounds like fun. Depending on date I would like to join in.

A few of us are getting together tonight to get some solid meeting times and plans together for the cruise… I’ll post some more details tonight! :banana

Sounds like fun, keep us updated.

So here’s what we came up with:

You guys from Coby/Albany will have to find a time that works for you guys that will let you get to Herkimer at noon.

We left enough time for people to show up late, as well as to hang out for a big and hand out maps.

1. Herkimer, Walmart: 12:00
  2. Utica, Big Lots: 1:00
  3. Rome, Staples Lot: 2:00
  4. Verona Beach Park: 3:00

Each location is roughly 15-20 miles away from each other, so it will definitely be a lot of cruising time together!!

We came up with some numbers just to see how many cars it will take to cover the cost of the pavilion when we get there too.

Each car, no matter what, will be $7 to enter the park. On top of that, it is $110 to rent out the pavilion, which holds like 300 people plus $20 for trash removal (if we don’t pay that, we have to take our own garbage home… I’m thinkin a NO on that one!). So in order to cover that, like we were saying before, we’d have them charge us $10 at the gate per car/bike.

So by our calculations: $130 / $3 (difference between $7 and $10 to cover the pavilion) = 43.3 cars. Which is the minimum mount of cars it would take to cover the costs. Any money made over and above that will be put towards next years (or later this year) cruise to help cover these costs, if we decide to do the same exact cruise again.

Jason (B18CEJ8) also put together a cruise map, which will be printed out for each car/bike so that just in case someone gets too far behind, or separated at lights, so everyone knows where they’re going.

Here is the link to the map: Google Maps

Damn i didnt realize this was on July 14th, im gonna be on a road trip july 11th-19th to NJ, damnit i really wanted to go on this thing. :ahh

what day a monday???

Actually, last year it was July 14th… I was pretty confused as to where you saw that date, lol… This year it’s the first day of summer, June 21st, which falls on a Saturday.

Sorry about that… after re-reading through the first post, I didn’t put any dates in there!!

Ahh gotcha, so that’ll be good…i’ll most likely attend as long as im not broke from NJ :lol

yeah i might go its kinda just a shit ton of wasted gas

Top down cruising mid summer in an S2k and you’re complaning?

Gosh some have it tough :tong