The Trump Presidency Discussion Thread (Non-Meme version)

Nike (NKE.N) dropped 3.1 percent in premarket trading as calls for a boycott of the sportswear giant gained traction on social media after it chose Colin Kaepernick as a face for adverts marking the 30th anniversary of its “Just Do It” slogan.

pretty amazing that an add campaign can have this much negative impact on a stock.

New Balance needs to step in hard on this.

I really don’t know WTF Nike was thinking with that. Why would you run an ad campaign that is guaranteed to piss off a large chunk of your customers? Sure, some people will love it, but some will hate it. A general rule is to avoid linking your mass marketed product to polarizing issues.

Because most white people don’t actually care about Nike. It’s the “urban folk” that really spend money on Nike. They are the ones that are going to see this as a beacon of hope that corporate america “cares” about them.

The problem is a ton of those people who don’t care about the sneakers they wear that much still buy Nike products, and they’re the exact people that because they’re not brand loyal at all will go, “Eh, I guess I try Reebok or Adidas this time” over something stupid like this.

In other news, there’s a good chance Kavanaugh’s confirmation hearing is going to be dragged out so long Ginsburg will be dead by the time it’s over.

I am pretty sure the people at Nike who made this decision made a metric shit ton of money from it.

Short the stocks lol

Exactly.

The last shoe I bought was Nike just because I liked the looks and fitment, but now I will avoid them lol