The unofficial Wii buying thread.

Anyone else know of a place that is open for the midnight launch. Apparently the Ghettomart in my area sold out of reserve tickets around 7pm.

ya I am going to wait until after this semester is over.

And as for the ebay thing, my pre-order sold for $610, :slight_smile: after fees and stuff I basically got a free wii

Just offering the hold attempt as a favor, i know that the wii like the cube has a niche market that it taps into. So it makes it easier to find, but with the new control abilitys i think nintendo may finally have stumbled onto something. Its really up to the developers to make the most of this. Ill Be picking one up for sure sometime in the next week or two.

as of yesterday best buy had 80

Holy Shit,look at IGN’s zelda review.

“Ocarina, your time is up. It took Nintendo almost a decade to do it, but the publisher has finally created a new Zelda game that is so well-designed and so epic that it deserves to be crowned the best in its class.”

Now thats what i like to hear :smiley:

I need to get some sort of new game system, but I am still up in the air.

Might take a look at wii for the price, but theres the whole gran tourismo issue.

I wasnt gonna but it. But then freaking zelda came along and rocked my socks. I will try to get it sometime next week. I dont think its gonnasell out everywehre, if it does then oh well. Ive still gotta pick up gears of war and COD3 for the 360 :ohnoes:

As of tonight I am sold on this game.

I got to play one at gamestop and loved the damn thing.
The game wasn’t even that good but it was still fun :smiley:
(excite truck)

so any good?

I do not want to wait… effing school

I bet Trauma center would also be sweet, and I heard red steel was not very good, but I am sure games will get better and even more unique once developers have had some more experience with the console.

Just got it, and plugged it in. This is probably the first time in years I’ve played something and when holy shit this is cool with a huge fucking grin. I’m surprised how precise the remote is, this is damn amazing, super easy to use. I have just been messing with Wii Sports so far I don’t want to start Zelda before work but the first impression of this is outstanding. So far I absolutely love this. :smiley:

Btw, if anyone wants to try it out let me know. It’s so darn nifty.

I have 1 ps3 on the ground next to me and 1 wii with zelda still in the shrink wrap, guess which one I just want to tear open but I can’t :frowning:

y cant you?

my roomate bought 4 of them, lol

if i cant get some quality time in at eb or gamestop ill let you know bro. I def wanna try it out cuz im still debating between a 360 or a wii for a new gaming machine to keep me busy ha

My friend is over with his 3 wii’s just looking to re sell as well, i just called a whole bunch of stores all sold out

both already sold

The only problem I see with this is that the controllers are going to end up breaking and the sensor is not going to work anymore…

We got 2 of them, it fucking rules. The controllers are rock solid, and the games are very fun. That bowling game is going to steal my soul, I can tell already :frowning:

–mark

im headed out to buy one now i think… I have an xbox360 on the way in a few days but this system is cheap + fun looking.

nintendo does shit right for “fun games” imo