The Workchat Thread

I don’t want your cooties! :ahh

Ur such a vag

I heard it was crabs not cooties

http://www.purepong.com/img_src/do_not_want_cat.jpg

I had a very eventful day at work today.

The fire alarm tripped and released over 1500lb of “agent” all over the gas station and parking lot and over my car.

And I was standing inside the booth in the middle of it all before making a run for it.

Awesome.

lol. That sucks.

I’m counting down till Nov. 21.

Leaving to FL for 10 days (Clearwater). Can’t wait.

Nice, I’m leaving as well. Going back to Europe in 4 days

Nice. Have fun. It’s different over there.

Clearwater good shit

Yep. I went there for 10 days in August 2007 and loved it. Nice clean city, lots to do, nice beaches…had a blast.

I got til probably the end of January til I take my next vacation from work. I think I’ve got a ski trip to Utah in the works though so it should be worth the wait.

Utah sounds nice.

Our new ‘year of vacation days’ starts next month so…I’m back to 25 days.

25 days? are you fucking kidding me? fuck me i get 13! I have 4 left this year.

I get 25.

I can carry 5 over. I have like 3 or 4 I’m carrying over…so technically I’m going to have like 28 days. I went to Los Angeles for a week in May, Ukraine for 2 weeks in August, and then took a day or two here or there.

I can’t complain about my job no matter how dumb these users are.

Fuck…I get 5 this year…and 11 next, with no rollovers.

State still rules though lol.

My oldest brother has like 2 months to use up. lol. He’s a Sr. Programmer/Analyst for the state.

State does rule, but I don’t like the ‘cap’ on the corporate ladder. I also would hate to be working with decade old technologies.

Yeah…I think his main developer box JUST made it to Windows XP. He was on NT/2000 for the longest time. lol. me and my other brother (who’s an assistant director of IT for NYSNA - where Marisa works) are more on the cusp of technology because we ‘refresh’ constantly.

Haha, see we develop on XP, Vista, Windows Server 2005, 2008 and Windows 7. The only thing not bleeding edge is that we are on .Net 2.0, only cause 3.5 had only been out a few months when we started.

I would hate to be stuck doing work in classic asp and vb. C isn’t too bad, but it’s not too fun either.

We use XP for everything. We’re not going much on Vista…just enough to make sure our remote users who are stupid enough to buy it can work with our systems. I’ve been tinkering with Win7 a little here and there.