The Workchat Thread

this time, lets see if we can keep them all alive.

Had a few drinks last night, the head is a little fuzzy this morning. Normally that would be fine. Most mornings are easy and relaxed (I do more reading of the news than I do coding).

But this morning…I walk in the door and someone informs me that ‘the website is blowing up.’ Great. Wish I drank a few less last night.

Yawn. Thursdays.

truth, taking it slow today. Have a 1/2 day tomorrow, should be nice!

FRIDAY :excited

I hate doing my performance review! It’s even worse when they told us we are not getting a raise this year due to the economy. It’s due at the end of today and I just started.

I got a 1/1 meeting with my manager today as well, time to get the knee pads :lol

Hahah @ knee pads.

Yeah we got fucked out of our yearly raises as well.

They bumped all our raises back 6 months, so I’ll be due in November. Yippee. I’ve been busting my ass the past year and a half too, so hopefully it pays off. Best part about working at a small private company like this, our CEO is only a few offices away. If I’m not happy with the raise they give me, I can march into his office and demand to know what the fuck is up.

Where do you work?

Autotask - its an IT software company in East Greenbush.

My company said I still get a raise but who knows, they’ll probably hold off until next year.

I’m not holding my breath with my company. It’ll probably take several years to get one out of them.

bored as fuck at work. Only 43 minutes left to go.

Its hot in here. My shirt is completely soaked with sweat.

<-- Got soaked running to the car. Parking here is stupid. Our lot is on the other side of the building from the front door. Way to go guys.

It looks like its gonna be a slow day. I hate that. Makes the day crawl by.

My brain hurts.

• 1, lookin slow here too. Sorta in between projects and I hate it.

Yesterday sucked.

I had an agent call in trying to access out website/software and when I asked her to log in, she said she didn’t have any passwords, etc.

When I did some digging, no one set this lady up. She’s been working with our company and sister company since May and she never got login credentials from my company. Someone really dropped the ball.

Oh, and she had this Panda anti-virus program. Let me tell you, that program is the biggest piece of crap on the planet. Her tech recommended it. That dude should close his business. She’s paying $130/yr for garbage.

Don’t get Panda AV.